Are you a sensitive person?

Square Wheels

14 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I used to think I wasn't, but I think I always have been.

It depends what it is. I dislike misogyny and racism but have taken crappy remarks flung in my face verbally at each decade of my life.  I have been challenged on the job and flung back nicely ok....I have this xxxx experience, etc. What else would you like to know?

I have taken a certain amount of crap in real life.  I have worked in some tough environments --construction site (I had problem recruiting for my dept. Part location, but also corporate culture), working for judges and lawyers....

I have been criticized as a manager in some jobs. 

I come from a family that is direct in style. We will say to each other what we think or say what we feel. 

My closest friends appreciate my opinion because I don't beat around the bush but tell them nicely what I think with constructive advice. And I am nice about it to my good friends because I don't want to lose them.  I didn't even know about this trait to friends...until last yr.!  Kinda late in life. :whistle:

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I am pretty much the exact opposite of sensitive whatever that word is.

Apparently not always like that, but my wife claims that (she knew me before) 31 years on the job has retarded my emotional growth and development.  I dunno if it is true but it didn't hurt my feelings when she told me that.

image.thumb.png.e6875cbc43630b6adebacb9f21044368.png

• Heart 2

49 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Inured. It means used to it by now. 

Sometimes it seems like resigned to it, but soldiering onward.  Not necessarily uplifting.

I realize people like to fling the word "politically correct" whenever they chafe @ using a kinder or more neutral term which usually relates a human being. Really, it's just replacing 1 word with a better word. Then it becomes part of your speaking DNA without thinking about it over time.  Some people never get it and complain over such minor change that can make a big difference to human relationships. 

• Heart 2

I suppose this post seems related to the one that won't be mentioned, but honestly, it's not.  I was thinking today about how sensitive I am about a lot of things.  It saddens me to kill a bug.  I'm still traumatized about killing the deer.  I worry the animals I see out my window won't have enough to eat if I'm not here to feed them.  Did I say I don't like a particular color of a house and hurt its feelings?

Yes, this is a part of me too.

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I suppose this post seems related to the one that won't be mentioned, but honestly, it's not.  I was thinking today about how sensitive I am about a lot of things.  It saddens me to kill a bug.  I'm still traumatized about killing the deer.  I worry the animals I see out my window won't have enough to eat if I'm not here to feed them.  Did I say I don't like a particular color of a house and hurt its feelings?

Yes, this is a part of me too.

Nothing wrong or odd about any of that.  That's simply the way your feelings work, and what it means to be you as an individual.

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It saddens me to kill a bug.

For perspective, let's consider the flip side of that.

Suppose it brought you intense joy to kill a bug.  Would that make you a better person than one who is saddened by killing a bug?

A rhetorical question really, in which I exaggerate to illustrate the point that being sad about killing a bug should be taken as a positive attribute.

• Hugs 1

8 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I’m fairly sensitive. My mom is super sensitive. She gets very hurt about any conflict she’s apart of. She also has lived her life to live at peace with everyone she comes into contact with. So it doesn’t come up that often. 

I have to say that your Mama tried.

• Awesome 1