While you people were beating up Beanz, I had to work.

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

We took a tram across a gorge then zip-lined back where we got on the tram again to walk across the suspension bridge. 

When I was there... the tram and the zip-line didn't exist.   I'm not sure I could go on the zip-line.  Walking out on the bridge was enough fun for me.   My fear of heights falling got to be too overwhelming.  No way was I going to walk all the way across that bridge. 

Then again... in Sedona, AZ we went on an early morning hot air balloon ride.  I was sure I'd be scared shitless...   but I was fine with being in an oversized wicker backset suspended by some hot air a few thousand feet above the ground (our pilot when WAY higher than the other balloons).  I wasn't even nervous... go figure. :scratchhead:

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Did you bungee jump from the bridge?

Over the years... WoBG has asked me a few times to bungee jump.   Nope not going to do that.   I told her.... I'll watch and take your picture.  She would not go without me.  

I won't do a parachute jump either.  No way am I going to jump out of a perfectly good plane. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Over the years... WoBG has asked me a few times to bungee jump.   Nope not going to do that.   I told her.... I'll watch and take your picture.  She would not go without me.  

I won't do a parachute jump either.  No way am I going to jump out of a perfectly good plane. 

I always picture people trying to shove me oot while I hang on to the door frame. :D

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I worked in Canon City..only went out to the gorge once with my cousins wife...she was scared of heights..so we turned around before getting to see anything...just never went back on my own....liked the little town, but not the job :dontknow:

I tried to get a teaching job there. It’s one of my favorite CO places. No openings, though. Other people like teaching there. 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Did you bungee jump from the bridge?

I like the way the bridge bounces as you walk across. 

My dad worked for the D&RGW railroad, freight conductor, from Pueblo to all points along the Rockies. We spent a lot of weekend and vacation time fishing the Arkansas river nearby. Sometimes he’d unlock a gate so we could fish on railway easement in that canyon. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1