17 members have voted

1. 1. When will be van build begin?

• One Months
    • Two Months
    • Three Months
    • Four Months
    • Five Months
    • Six Months
    • Later than longest expected time and new poll should be started around Feb.
    • No One Cares

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You will have a good heater for overnight winter camping, right?

Yup. It is this gas heated style that the Sprinters use. 

44 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

How bad is the wheel goof?  I would siriusly consider leaving the order in the pipeline. 

Wrong color.   It was some specifics and packages. Price haggling. Which we didn't have a ton of leverage on. It isn't like we want any other model. MB, Ford, and Dodge.  Ford is pretty solid.  Will my GM trucker hat need replacement?  I won't even own one.

• Heart 4

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

The dream van was ordered.

What sort of specs for this dream van?  You're calling it a Sprinter - so is it an MB? I thought I heard you decided a Ram ProMaster?  What sort of build - like a "van" or a passenger van?  Going with a 3500 high roof 159" one?  Is there a 4x4 option or you're keeping it "reasonable"?

iris?COSY-EU-100-1713uLDEMTV1r9s%25WBXaB

or with windows? Probably not, as they would interfere with the optimal inside layout?  But no windows seems tough too, but maybe you can "add" them in the build?

Or the Sprinter:

MY19_M4CAE6_DR_HR_7709_PS

20 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What sort of specs for this dream van?  You're calling it a Sprinter - so is it an MB? I thought I heard you decided a Ram ProMaster?  What sort of build - like a "van" or a passenger van?  Going with a 3500 high roof 159" one?  Is there a 4x4 option or you're keeping it "reasonable"?

or with windows? Probably not, as they would interfere with the optimal inside layout?  But no windows seems tough too, but maybe you can "add" them in the build?

Or the Sprinter:

MY19_M4CAE6_DR_HR_7709_PS

I believe I said sprinter style.  I mentioned no MB.  I have no shop here and it is imported, parts are tough.  The Dodge has poor reviews.  That left the Ford Transit high top, 148",AWB.

We ave entered into the level of unreasonable.  HE!  We are thrilled.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

How can we help decorate the van?  Are you going to dedicate it yacht style when it is done, by smashing a bottle of champagne on it when complete?

Most importantly, will there be a sign that says "Don't come a-knockin' if the van is a-rockin'?

Should we name it the Casbah?  I heard that song on the way home and I was inspired.

• Heart 2

I feel like this is gonna be awesome. 
I am more of a camper guy but look forward to seeing how you outfit it. Especially the tech stuff, solar, etc. very cool project DH. 

you always have a driveway you can pull into here in Indiana. You wouldn’t be the first 😁

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Oh, and not to try and be a Debbie downer, but if ford vans are anything like the diesel trucks I’m guessing 6-9 months. Sorry. 

I know.  It's a concern.  We are listing the truck today.  I think it will move fast.  I won't even own any Chevy products.  :o