Ohh Ohh That Smell…

ChrisL

@Wilbur will like this. Back when I was turning wrenches on aircraft, aircrew would sometimes bring back seafood in those cheap Styrofoam coolers. A few times the coolers would break and leak all over the aft cargo compartment. They would clean up some of the obvious mess but wouldn't get the stuff that dripped under some shelves used to hold spare parts. And they wouldn't tell us about it so we wouldn't notice until it stunk really bad. The worst was on a 3-day mission. On the second day they loaded up with seafood and somehow jammed the aft cargo bay door closed. So they couldn't put fresh ice on the stuff, and it sat out in the sun for a full day plus a lot of the next day. We'd never had a door jammed like that and it took a while to figure out how to get the door open. The best part was the aft cargo bay was where the aircrew kept their bags, so they had to go a day without fresh clothing plus everything in the bags smelled rotten, I assume.

Back in 1993 I was hit by a car while riding the bicycle.  When WoJSTL picked me up at the hospital, the first thing that I noticed was our minivan smelled horrible! Seems that someone (me) neglected to take out a gallon of milk a few days before. It basically turned black and exploded. Even after removing the carpets and cleaning everything, that van always smelled a littl rank.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Back in 1993 I was hit by a car while riding the bicycle.  When WoJSTL picked me up at the hospital, the first thing that I noticed was our minivan smelled horrible! Seems that someone (me) neglected to take out a gallon of milk a few days before. It basically turned black and exploded. Even after removing the carpets and cleaning everything, that van always smelled a littl rank.

When we were kids, my dad drove us down from PA to Florida to go to Disney World.  Anyway, that meant two days on the road - PA->SC->Orlando and then back later, and eating fast food along the way (a huge treat).  Anyway, we all got milkshakes one time, and, of course, left the cups in the bins in the back of the station wagon, where they then proceeded to COOK in the sun when the car sat in the Disney hotel parking lot :o  Wow - did that stink when we got to the car (a few days later as we were staying at the Disney Contemporary hotel).  I blame my dad for not checking behind his three kids :whistle:  

• Haha 1