Hanging pictures....

petitepedal

Okay...I have a variety of pieces..some old..some old frames...some small some big.

I have a couple of interesting apartments at work..one couple collected milk glass..and they hung it all ALL on the walls of their apartment.  I would hate to have to take it down and wash it all the time :whistle: .  The other lady has pictures or posters and more art type of stuff in her place...again...all over the place.

I will just say that it took me about 7 years to find what I wanted above my sofa.  So far it is the only picture in that area.

I have a grouping of family pics in the hallway, and I have a couple of places..by my entry there is a small mirror and 3 small pictures..and by my grandfather clock I have 2 pics the smaller above the bigger one.

Anyway...today, I hung a tray on the wall in my kitchen..hung so I can take it off and use it if I wish..and I hung a tile I purchased when I visited Jaxie & Phoenix from wine country.

I am thinking I want to hang more stuff...but I don't want to over kill like my two residents...although I do like the one ladies place (kinda reminds me of an old hippies hangout :whistle: )...The milk glass is over kill for me...

How about you guys...what are your walls like as far as art and decor goes?   I do have a lot of Bicycle stuff..but some of it is antique.

I have some original art.  I got to art in the park and instead of buying the full sized piece I'll buy the 'Greeting card'/'Thank you note' version of it.  The full size piece might cost $700 but the thank you note version could be $2.00.  I have about 50 gazzillion frames in my basement so I mat the thank you notes on some cardboard and frame them as original art.  Plus if there is an unexpected emergency I don't need to panic because I always have thank you notes handy.

Paintings, usually from local artists though i have also been known to grab the mass produced stuff.

Of course I did actually paint the last piece on my wall and the wife wants two, vastly more complex, pieces to be made by me.

I also have a beautiful evil eye from Turkey and a Persian empire ceremonial dagger. hanging in my office.

mq7ZbvjGlBWSA4JefWdLpFw.jpg

Like this but a leopard head instead of the ram. Also a wood inlay with mother of pearl sheath. The real full carved brass one exceeds my budget. I am getting a spear next year when we go!

PersianSpear.jpg

In the front room we have framed ribbons/rosettes from important dog events-- usually with photos of the win.  Durn, those frames and shadow boxes were expensive.  In the family room wooden pattern wheels and pieces from industrial design labs.  Basically the wooden piece they use to form the molds.  Other places, art froma  variety of artists.  The bedroom is mostly Nutting stuff that I have bought over the years.

I have mostly African carvings, and some African bead work as well as African art on my walls... no particular order.  

When I was visiting my daughter in Greensboro at the living art museum she taught me about Knolling, pretty interesting.... I may do this with family pics that I have. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoll_(verb)