Darn - The Not So Great Salt Lake :(

Razors Edge

It seems a common theme, but damn, the West is really facing all sorts of water issues.  I can't imagine that Utah will successfully tackle reducing water consumption enough - especially with population growth and pushing tourism - but at least they seem to be. taking a shot at trying to address it before it gets too much worse. 

Utah’s Great Salt Lake Is Disappearing, With Mounting Economic Costs

The lake is critical for the survival of many industries such as mineral extraction, brine shrimp harvesting, ski resorts and tourism.

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It seems a common theme, but damn, the West is really facing all sorts of water issues.  I can't imagine that Utah will successfully tackle reducing water consumption enough - especially with population growth and pushing tourism - but at least they seem to be. taking a shot at trying to address it before it gets too much worse. 

Utah’s Great Salt Lake Is Disappearing, With Mounting Economic Costs

The lake is critical for the survival of many industries such as mineral extraction, brine shrimp harvesting, ski resorts and tourism.

Very sad news.  I wonder what is to come in the next 10 years.  

This is why I have opted to stop saving so much and enjoy ourselves more.  We need to get out and enjoy what is left to enjoy before it is gone.   The changes I have seen in my own area are alarming.  

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It is easier to get at the salt without all that pesky water!

They say that's part of the problem - using the salty water in evaporation pools.  Yikes!  Was Morton a Mormon?  Makes sense now!  But no need for an umbrella!

81YuPtfe42L._SL1500_.jpg