Soooo, Wo2 is not happy.

2Far

About 3 weeks ago, Wo2 decided she needed to visit an old friend who is up a little (from us) in years. In Brussels. Belgium. In early October.

2Far: Cool, but you don't have a passport.

Wo2: Well I have one, but it's expired (it expired in the last century)

2 Far: OK...

Wo2: It says here online  that I can get one in 4-6 weeks.

2Far: OK

She paid about $200 to fill out a fillable PDF. She then got her picture and paid about another $400 for a local expediting service and whatever $$ the passport office charges for a passport. It appears from the charge that the passport office got the application on 8/23.

Wo2 today: I don't think I'm going to have my passport in time. There isn't anyway to check the progress. Called the number she had, they don't provide info over the phone. Directed her somewhere else. No luck. Frustrated.

2Far, saying hopefully: Maybe it's like the USPS, by the time you get an initial delivery status, the package has already arrived.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, 2Far said:

2Far, saying hopefully: Maybe it's like the USPS, by the time you get an initial delivery status, the package has already arrived.

Yeah - it might be close to done or not even close. Hopefully she gets it soon.

It does make sense to get and keep an active passport.  You never know when a nice trip will drop in your lap and you are ready! 

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Travel.state.gov has an application to Track My Application Status. There is another one that tells the user how to Get My Passport Fast. 

Thanks. Whelp, they have it, 4-6 weeks from receipt (8/23). Call a number if traveling in 2 weeks & haven't received it yet.

She may be good. I hope so.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 3