She got me effing good tonight.

Parr8hed

Hope i heals soon.

I can remember being scared I was going to get whacked by a great windmill pitcher!

I coached a girl on our 1989 and 1990 high school teams, Michele Moodispaw, 4th from left back row. She was All County and got a full athletic scholarship to Stetson Univ. in Florida.  She's a lawyer in Annapolis now.  When our catcher was on base when the last half-inning ended and had to put on her equipment, I warmed Michelle up before the next half-inning began - no mask, no equipment.  We were allowed four warmup pitches.  I held my glove high and low outside and inside for the four pitches.  Michelle had incredible movement on her pitches - almost as if she was throwing a knuckleball, and would tease me by throwing pitches that seemed to be going far away from where I had been holding my glove. I was moving my glove all over the place but, when the pitch got to me, it usually arrived right where it was supposed to.  I was sure I was going to get whacked in the face, shoulder, etc. by one of those pitches but fortunately never did.

20220625_084447_crop_900p.jpg.15a71e462d8a0824f7a7b4474b3b067c.jpg

• Heart 1

@Parr8hed, I kept telling you this and yet you don’t listen… Find a freaking catcher.  Even if you have to pay them.  I paid my sons catcher buddy in food for catching him.  It just wasn’t worth the pain.  The turning point for me was when he pitched a nasty curve that hit the plate, bounced up and tagged me under the chin.  Lucky I did’t break any teeth! 

But you are nearing the end of catching her. Once she gets into HS, between bull pens, games and her travel schedule her coaches will likely limit any extra curricular throwing. 

• Heart 3

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

@Parr8hed, I kept telling you this and yet you don’t listen… Find a freaking catcher.  Even if you have to pay them.  I paid my sons catcher buddy in food for catching him.  It just wasn’t worth the pain.  The turning point for me was when he pitched a nasty curve that hit the plate, bounced up and tagged me under the chin.  Lucky I did’t break any teeth! 

But you are nearing the end of catching her. Once she gets into HS, between bull pens, games and her travel schedule her coaches will likely limit any extra curricular throwing. 

Yep. I hear ya. 

• Heart 1