Sick

maddmaxx

Youngest son who works as a custodian at a school got sick about a week ago.  He tested negative several times.  Today womaxx and I started having the same symptoms, very sore throats, sinus trouble and mild fevers.  I'll test in 5 days or so but it feels just about right for one of those "return to school" things that staff gets and brings home.  One of the good things about social distancing was that I haven't been sick in years.

I got a code in my node and I feel awful.

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 4

If it's COVID I hope it's mild and short like mine was in June.

I had a runny nose, a lot of sneezing (which isn't listed as a typical symptom), and a minor sore throat.

Nothing was prescribed.  By the time I had a Zoom meeting on a Monday with my doctor it was three days after my first symptoms and they were already diminishing.  I had been following my doctor's previous sore-throat rec. from the start: hot toddies: tea with rum and honey.  I brewed 25 oz. at a time and that helped a lot!

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

If it's COVID I hope it's mild and short like mine was in June.

I had a runny nose, a lot of sneezing (which isn't listed as a typical symptom), and a minor sore throat.

Nothing was prescribed.  By the time I had a Zoom meeting on a Monday with my doctor it was three days after my first symptoms and they were already diminishing.  I had been following my doctor's previous sore-throat rec. from the start: hot toddies: tea with rum and honey.  I brewed 25 oz. at a time and that helped a lot!

Did you test positive?

8 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

One of the good things about social distancing was that I haven't been sick in years.

I wonder if one of the bad things about social distancing is that our immunity to various communicable diseases may now be reduced and we may now get sick easier than before.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I wonder if one of the bad things about social distancing is that our immunity to various communicable diseases may now be reduced and we may now get sick easier than before.

Social distancing was too short-lived to matter much for most folks.  As we've seen with COVID, vaxxes and various new treatments got most folks past the more deadly and rough symptoms period from the initial waves, and now, with the milder versions (still deadly for some) out there, it's hard to see social distancing in the general population.  I think that return to normal is what let the vax + infection by omicron variants become such a normal thing where folks barely know they have more than a mild cold.

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Feel any better today?

Right sinus feels better.  Left sinus is just starting to drain.  This is a normal progression for a bad head cold when I have one.  Youngest son still tests negative and is returning to work.  Womaxx isn't real sick yet.  For all the years the family worked in school systems, the return to school has always been a time of exposure to everything the kids caught during the summer.

• Hugs 1