Mrs. Further is home

Further

Hospitals aren't good places for the sick.  With all the activity it's hard to sleep and there is always an increased risk of infection. If she can get whatever tests/treatments she needs as an outpatient, it will probably be better for her overall well being, but I can see why you want to make sure the medical team is on board.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

Hospitals aren't good places for the sick.  With all the activity it's hard to sleep and there is always an increased risk of infection. If she can get whatever tests/treatments she needs as an outpatient, it will probably be better for her overall well being, but I can see why you want to make sure the medical team is on board.

You stated that well (you always do )

I'm glad she is out of the hospital, but I'm a bit nervous about how it is going to work out, and my part in it.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

57 minutes ago, Further said:

She is a strong willed women

I married one of those too.   ;)

WoBG was in the recovery room, after breast cancer surgery.   She told me she was NOT going to spend the night in the hospital.  Yeah... her surgery became outpatient surgery.  (that was not the original plan)  The surgeon came back into the the recovery room.  I was with WoBG, and she was sitting up talking to me.  The first question WoBG had for the doc...  "When can I go home."  

The doc was shocked about how FAST WoBG was up and talking, etc...   Yeah... she convinced the doc going home was a good idea.   We went home.  I helped WoBG... but she was OK. 

41 minutes ago, Kirby said:

With all the activity it's hard to sleep

I TOTALY agree with that.  It was difficult at best to sleep when I was in the hospital for nearly 3 weeks.  In the evening I'd shut the door to the room.  Soon a nurse would come in for either me or my roommate.  They would leave, and leave the door wide open.   Eventually I gave up trying to keep the door closed, and accepted the fact that sleep was not going to happen very often. 

Prayers for your wife and  you....   You will both be OK.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Always leave a hospital as soon as possible. 

I feel like we've sort of worked that part of the equation out - either because of instincts or because of costs - but we still seem to neglect the way we've therefore shifted the care & recovery phase onto already overburdened or overstressed folks :(  

A good "halfway" house for recovery or a in-home aide network would be great helps to getting folks on a more doable path to health again.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

A good "halfway" house for recovery or a in-home aide network would be great helps to getting folks on a more doable path to health again.

MediCare will cover the cost for up to 30 days of recovery in a nursing home/recovery unit.  Many insurance plans will do the same.  Always take advantage of these if you can.  The government, your insurance company, the hospital all want you to fully recover.  It's cheaper for them.  And hospitals get measured on their recidivism - they don't want you back for the same thing.  

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

I know how you feel @Further. My late wife was in the hospital for bedrest. She was in for a total of 94 days. In the middle was Thanksgiving. She wanted to go home in the worst way. So she went home AMA (against medical advice)  she lasted about 3 days before she had to go back. I could do nothing to change her mind

You got this Further. And good luck

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1