A few photos from today at the Range Riders Museum in Miles City and one of lawn mowers

sheep_herder

Just now, Kirby said:

Great pics and it looks like nice weather for a fun day out. Love the oog in the first pic, he's definitely up to something!

Thanks!  He is old and just relaxing in the sun in this photo. Another dog was laying in the shade under my chair. 

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

18 minutes ago, Airehead said:

About how many people attend something like this?

No clue, I'll have to ask, but not sure how they would get an accurate count. People in this town really turn out for free food. There were several events going on in town yesterday, including a car show, ranch rodeo, Saturday market, and the range riders open house. 

• Heart 2

50 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Do you cook over buffalo chips?

That was Dutch Oven cooking where they bury the containers in the ground with some type of fire or coals. It is a pretty popular technique around here. They also have steak fries where they deep fry the steaks like some do turkeys. I've not eaten the deep fried offerings.

• Heart 2

The only thing I knew about range riders was first time I visited Yellowstone National Park in 1990, I stayed for 3 days at the Range Riders Lodge in Silvergate, Montana, a mile and half from the NE Entrance to the park. $21/night, no heat but plenty of blankets in the rooms.

Great bar, with live music some days.  It had been a whore house back in much earlier times.

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

Nice, Looks like a pioneer camp and your lawn mowers resemble ours.  That camp would have fit in what what we were doing this past weekend.  That is in another thread.

This is just a day held each year at the Range Riders Museum. The Dutch Oven cooking was new this year, but the rest of the displays were greatly reduced due to lack of help. In other years my wife has had a spinning display along with some of the knitters.