Did something this morning I swore I'd never do.

Parr8hed

Went to the in-laws house for lunch and my FIL was talking about going to the Bass Pro early this morning.  He talked me into going with him since they had .22 LR for sale.

A little back story here.  If you are not familiar with .22 LR it is made from unobtanium.  It is a cheap round to shoot but hard to find.  My son has a .22 and my daughter is getting one this year.  It's stupid fun to go to the range with my kids and plink some small targets with .22 rifles.

So the Bass Pro Shops opened at 5.  First 300 people in line got a coupon to get a brick (500) of .22 LR.  My FIL said he was going to be there at 3am.  I got up at 2:30 and went down there.  Even at 3am I was probably 80 people deep in line.  It was 22 degrees out. 

There was a family in front of me that seemed nice enough but the mom and dad had to smoke every 3.23 minutes.  I would have said something, but I think I was one of 3 people in line that was NOT smoking.  It really pissed me off that people just assume it's OK to smoke in front of everyone else.

I tried to stand out of the way a bit to avoid the smoke and every time they scooted up a little the lady behind me scooted her chair (yes, her chair) forward right up next to him as if to try and take my place in line.

It was stupid and cold but I managed to get a brick of 22 LR.  I also got two pair of red head jeans.  All of this for the price of 48 dollars.  I guess it was worth it.

• Heart 1

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist/ammo-shooting/rimfire-ammo/22lr-ammo?d=121&c=417&s=2886

Since when did .22 become so scarce? Almost all of the items listed here "are not available at this time". Holy crap...who do we blame? Obama or Holder?

not sure.  it used to be junk ammo.  could buy 500rds for less than 20 bucks.  great for 'plinking' but somewhere between when i used to shoot it and when my son started shooting it they price went up and you cannot find it any more.  I have close to 1200 rounds and that's about it.  And I have a son who loves to shoot and a daughter that is just learning (and is getting a 22 rifle for christmas) so I am going to take every opprotunity to buy as much ammo as I can for it.  Price gougers are rampant on the net.  You can expect to see prices around 70 dollars for a box of 500.  Every thrus the BPS supposedly gets some in.  Going to have to start waiting in line Thurs mornings. 

I bought a 9 mm S & W Shield yesterday and a Taurus 9 mm Pt111.

OK, this is pretty lame, but the action on the Shield is so tough.   I can barely pull it back.  It's a beast.

The taurus works much easier for me.

I like the S & W though.  It is a much better gun.

You probably already know but dont pull back on the slide. Put your hand on the slide and push the action with your other hand. With your palm swell as the force on the greater surface area of the grip.

You probably already know but dont pull back on the slide. Put your hand on the slide and push the action with your other hand. With your palm swell as the force on the greater surface area of the grip.

That what I do...

Or I just cock it back and slap the side and it releases... I kind of altered my gun a little for faster reloading time :)