I am so tired of going to the dentist

Randomguy

22 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am so tired of going to the dentist

Are we complaining about the twice a year cleaning sort of thing, or is there a recurring issue that is a problem?  If the latter, hopefully it is better soon and you can go back to just dealing with the former.

• Heart 2

16 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Are we complaining about the twice a year cleaning sort of thing, or is there a recurring issue that is a problem?  If the latter, hopefully it is better soon and you can go back to just dealing with the former.

Second root canal in a month, this one to redo one from about 12 years ago to address a "truly massive infection".  Fun times.

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Second root canal in a month, this one to redo one from about 12 years ago to address a "truly massive infection".  Fun times.

I had an old filling redone recently. The dentist said it had enough "good" tooth left to avoid a root canal.  That hopefully buys me another 20-30 yrs with that tooth.

I think I lucked out in having a good dentist in my 20s who did fillings well.  And I think newer fillings are better than whatever was happening in the transition years between classic fillings and more modern ones. I think that may be a lucky timing thing for me.

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I had an old filling redone recently. The dentist said it had enough "good" tooth left to avoid a root canal.  That hopefully buys me another 20-30 yrs with that tooth.

I think I lucked out in having a good dentist in my 20s who did fillings well.  And I think newer fillings are better than whatever was happening in the transition years between classic fillings and more modern ones. I think that may be a lucky timing thing for me.

It seems the current technologies for fillings are better. 

I've been going to the dentist recently.  I've been there three times in the last month and a half.  I don't like it.

I had two fillings replaced and half of my teeth cleaned.  The other have are later this month along with a regular four month cleaning.

Tude doesn't know this but I am also getting a gold veneer done on one of my front teeth, so I can look even more bad ass!

BTW, the Mac Mini hung up today.

Couch 

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 2

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

This is the after photo, the tooth done today is second from the left.  You can see in the darker area where the infection is/was.  The redo on the canal is really bright, and you can see some of the antibiotics spreading from the canal into the infected area (the root canal was infected too, but the canal has no blood supply so it needs its own blast of antibiotics).

I have bad teeth.   Now I have to see how things respond and will have to go back for another round of antibiotics in the canal, maybe, and then to my regular dentist (today I saw an endodentist) to put a permanent filling on the crown that was drilled through today.  The endodentist only does troublesome root canals, nothing else.  He did mine using a microscope, which was neat and a bit weird.

So much fun!  <sarcasm>

image.thumb.jpeg.756d0d3a1270951fb493abf3ab0968d3.jpeg

• Hugs 3

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Ugh a retreatment.  I had that once and the tooth root cracked during the retreatment and it got considerably worse.  Ultimately I had the tooth yanked.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sofa_Loren said:

I've been going to the dentist recently.  I've been there three times in the last month and a half.  I don't like it.

I had two fillings replaced and half of my teeth cleaned.  The other have are later this month along with a regular four month cleaning.

Tude doesn't know this but I am also getting a gold veneer done on one of my front teeth, so I can look even more bad ass!

BTW, the Mac Mini hung up today.

Couch 

8 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I had a root canal last year and the pain leading up to it was excruciating until the dentist gave me antibiotics.

Two in a month?  I feel for you!