chopped liver is no longer with us

Dottleshead

Got this message from Sonny's cousin today.  

Thanks Jeff. His dad is having a hard time. Sonny's mom just passed away also and he was Genes only son. He had two step daughters that have also passed recently. Im sure this Holiday season will be rough on him. We will include him in everything possible. Hes a great man, as was Sonny.

I will take the time to send Sonny's father a card or letter.

• Heart 1

Please take down the address of MV's Dad.

We would not want someone to be a predator to him in this time of sorrow.

Evil does not take a break and I would hate to think something bad happens to his Dad because of the address posted.

If people wish to send cards or whatever directly to MV's family, then one of y'all need to be a point of contact.

TAKE THE ADDRESS OUT OF THESE POSTS…..

Seriously….

Sorry, I asked his cousin for an address for flowers etc from the forums and that is what she gave me.  Did not think about the bad aspect.  

It is now 11am in Georgia.  This is the time of the burial.  To me there is something so final about the burial or cremation, but also something peaceful.  I know CL had several health issues, but I don't think he was suffering.  A sudden death like his feels a little more senseless.  I know none of us are immortal, but he had a lot to offer and only had a short time to share.  He used his time well.

May you rest in peace my friend, I will smile warmly when I remember you, but it will also be with a tear in my eye.

• Heart 2

Modo's final ride report.

He got a B.E.A.Utiful day, sunny, 68 degrees, slight breeze, little humidity.

I met the family.

When I told them that I was one of his bicycle forum friends, they were a pleasantly shocked. I offered my condolences & told them that he had touched a lot of people over the years with his wit, intelligence, insight, and fondness for his family, and that we too, will miss him very much.

I about lost it when his daughter waved goodbye to him as they lowered the casket.

Farewell my friend. May you always have the breeze at your back, the gentle warmth of the sun and an ice cold water bottle.

Thanks 2Far.  Must be dusty in here.

• Heart 1

Modo's final ride report.

He got a B.E.A.Utiful day, sunny, 68 degrees, slight breeze, little humidity.

I met the family.

When I told them that I was one of his bicycle forum friends, they were a pleasantly shocked. I offered my condolences & told them that he had touched a lot of people over the years with his wit, intelligence, insight, and fondness for his family, and that we too, will miss him very much.

I about lost it when his daughter waved goodbye to him as they lowered the casket.

Farewell my friend. May you always have the breeze at your back, the gentle warmth of the sun and an ice cold water bottle.

Thanks.  I'm going to share this with the other site.

Actually, I don't come to this site very often but it was ModoVi -- errr -- I mean chopped liver -- who persuaded me in coming over.  I have a lot to catch up w/ you all and I'm pretty active 'on the other site' but I figure we have this bond now for better or worse.  :D

Great to have you here.   :)

• Heart 2

Actually, I don't come to this site very often but it was ModoVi -- errr -- I mean chopped liver -- who persuaded me in coming over.  I have a lot to catch up w/ you all and I'm pretty active 'on the other site' but I figure we have this bond now for better or worse.  :D

Glad he talked you into coming here.

Which other site, seems like he was a forum slut, and who were you on said other site?

Glad he talked you into coming here.

Which other site, seems like he was a forum slut, and who were you on said other site?

On BF I am toddles.  I'm kind of a playful monster over there and have been restricted from 'Foo' so you may not catch me but in the P&R and/or Trollheim.  Sonny and I got along early -- only he had a lot more class than I do/did/will.   :P

• Heart 2

Here ya go…Group Hug.

I could use one as well.

RIP Good Friend - you will be missed terribly by a lot of people.

See ya on the other side sometime and when I do, we'll get back on the Coosa Backcountry Trail for another adventure!

grouphugg1_zps5cf8e2bf.gif

• Heart 4

I know he didn't plan on leaving us, but I'm really pissed I didn't say goodbye or let him know how important he was to me. I guess that would sound weird to say something like that. When bosox got hit, that hurt. Then Roadrunner crashed and we heard nothing. That was scary because we all knew something happened. Life is so fragile. I've grown fond of many virtual friends.

• Heart 2

I know he didn't plan on leaving us, but I'm really pissed I didn't say goodbye or let him know how important he was to me. I guess that would sound weird to say something like that. When bosox got hit, that hurt. Then Roadrunner crashed and we heard nothing. That was scary because we all knew something happened. Life is so fragile. I've grown fond of many virtual friends.

I think I will take a lesson to not take things for granted and to try to be more perceptive.  I never really struck up a rapport with Modo/CL, but I think maybe it was because he was too subtle for me.  When I hear all the praise for him from the bike forums people, I then go back and look at his posts in a somewhat different light.  Which is sad for me because I usually think of myself as more perceptive than that.  I mean, I did always appreciate his input and had many pleasant exchanges with him, but now I am sad that I never really connected much with him.  Also, I was truly impressed by how much he knew aboot diabetes and stuff, so he was obviously taking great care of himself.  :(

It's interesting you say that. I've asked myself if things might have been different if one of us had caught him online and distracted him.

Despair, depression, anger. Then it repeats.

It brings up a few interesting points.  Should you exercise if you have heart problems?  I think in most cases the answer is yes - without exercise you are going to have worse heart problems.  The second point is one longjohn made - please people, make it a point to always have your cell phones with you when exercising, or I guess all the time for that matter.  It may not guarantee that help will get to you in time, but it is the best chance you have for that,

Chin up, Cheese.  There is nothing you or anyone here could have done.  With webbie, also like longjohn said, that was not the case, and that is why that one really hurt. We knew he was hurting big time, but he wouldn't listen to our entreaties to get help.  Sadly, in that case, being virtual was too big a handicap to overcome. :(

Chin up, Cheese.  There is nothing you or anyone here could have done.  With webbie, also like longjohn said, that was not the case, and that is why that one really hurt. We knew he was hurting big time, but he wouldn't listen to our entreaties to get help.  Sadly, in that case, being virtual was to big a handicap to overcome. :(

Yes, I remember feeling very sad because Webbie's death didn't have to happen and maybe I should have said or done something more to help.   :(

This Webbie guy was before my time, I was a real newbie at the LF before we started here.  I presume he was depressed and committed suicide?

My humble opinion, don't blame yourselves, there is nothing you could have done.  I've suffered with depression most of my life, I usually have a low level baseline depression most days and it's progressed a few times to attempted suicide.  I've had many shrinks, taken every antidepressant ever made, been committed several times and almost succeeded once.  I was in a coma for about a week and they told my parents it would be best to come say goodbye.

There are many days where I wonder if I did succeed and what I am living in is hell.  There are days when life is pretty good and I almost think I might be happy.  I'm not manic though.

Most of what gets me through the day is guilt.  I know if I did off myself people would miss me, and that's just not fair.  Good dad or not, I've been told I am better than no dad at all to my kids.  Apparently they will have a challenging life if I were ti kill myself.  My wife seems pretty fond of me too, that again would be unfair to her.  I am usually a lot less happy than people think, most of the time I fake being happy for them.  That gets really hard at times.

If someone is intent on killing themselves, I don't think there is anything you can do.  Some people have so much emotional pain (real or perceived - it's all the same) that death looks like the only relief available.

Life is so fragile. I've grown fond of many virtual friends.

I didn't realize how much he was one of the people I thought about away from the computer until he was gone.  Modo and I were not the closest but we did connect.  He had actually left BF for quite some time -- being here I believe -- but he had recently come back and I realized how much I missed him.  We saw many things the same way.

Sorry to hear this SW....depression is the pits...I know lots of people who suffer from it..I hope you are doing both drug and talk therapy..and know that we here would all kick your ass or hire someone in the afterworld (I have connections) to kick your ass if you ever did such a thing!!  Poor Webby..his marriage was going south...and well I am sure there had to be more things going on.  So sad... Fisher was like MV/CL sudden...and Refugee Rat..cancer. 

Life is hard...and I think family, faith, and friends are the only way to survive...unfortunately sometimes we fall short on having a quality assortment of them (family,faith or friends) and that makes life harder.

Hey just wondering...did you get enough $$$$ to cover the flower cost?

It's still arriving, yours came today - THANK YOU!  I suspect I will get more than enough to help.  I may even get enough to cover the total cost.  Either way, I am happy we sent the flowers.  I will be sending a generous donation to the diabetes foundation before the end of the year.

I hope you are doing both drug and talk therapy

Neither, nothing works.

Wow, SW, I had no idea you had all that going on.  Webbie found that his wife was cheating on him, and he just sort of lost it.  He was in a head-on auto accident that may or may not have been an accident.  I am glad you at least found cycling, one of the best anti-depressants that I know of.

We all have something to challenge us in life.  I have all of my limbs, my hearing and eyesight.  I am grateful for that. I have three great kids and the best wife on the planet.  Life could be worse.

• Heart 1

We all have something to challenge us in life.  I have all of my limbs, my hearing and eyesight.  I am grateful for that. I have three great kids and the best wife on the planet.  Life could be worse.

No shit!  My life sucks big time compared to yours.  See, this is where people just can't relate at times.  It seems to someone like me that you've got everything in life and you should be happy as hell.  I guess this is why there are professionals to help people with depression and such.

I greatly hope you are seeking the right help whenever it is needed.