chopped liver is no longer with us

Dottleshead

There was a post from his daughter on another site that chopped liver passed away recently while riding his stationary bike.  He was a great poster and as far as I know a great guy.  So unless this is a really bad joke -- and I don't think it is as one of the moderators on the other site actually was friends with him in person -- I'm sad to report that he won't be back with us.  Horrible.

• Heart 1

From his daughter:

I'm not sure if you knew my dad by his nickname, Sonny. But that is what we all call him.

My father passed away yesterday. He had a heart attack while riding his stationary bike in the garage. I found him too late, and there was nothing they could do to revive him when the ambulance arrived. My father was only 47. He had so many health issues for such a young age, battling diabetes, thyroid issues, and a heart murmur. 

My father was an amazing man. He was a genuinely good man. He always tried to see the best in people. He was brilliant and logical. I would call him, he would always pick up and give me exactly the right answers. He worked hard to make mine and my mother's life as easy as possible. He wanted us both to have the best in life. He solved all my problems and honestly, I have no idea how to live without my daddy. 

We would always poke fun at my dad for going on "his bike forums." He loved checking the forums after work and he would show me conversations he thought were funny. I thought it would be important to tell you all good bye for him. This site gave him a good bit of joy.
  • Heart 3

:( Very sad. And only 47.

Sounds like his health issues were a lot worse than I thought.  He mentioned diabetes, but his daughter's post on bikeforums was the first I heard about the heart and thyroid issues. 

He always reminded me of Calvin's dad, mostly because of an actual pic that I think he used for an avatar for awhile.

• Heart 1

Sounds like his health issues were a lot worse than I thought. He mentioned diabetes, but his daughter's post on bikeforums was the first I heard about the heart and thyroid issues.

He always reminded me of Calvin's dad, mostly because of an actual pic that I think he used for an avatar for awhile.

I didn't know about anything but the diabetes either.
  • Heart 1

My last post to him here was acerbic and makes me wish I could take it back and have just one chance to let him know that I valued and respected him and was proud to call him friend.

Send not to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

Going to go find a quiet place to sit and think, and pray and cry now.

This one hits way to close to home.

• Heart 4

My last post to him here was acerbic and makes me wish I could take it back and have just one chance to let him know that I valued and respected him and was proud to call him friend.

Send not to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.

Going to go find a quiet place to sit and think, and pray and cry now.

This one hits way to close to home.

Pretty sure that acerbic meant that he knew you understood and valued him. At least from his postings on BF... rest easy.

• Heart 3

I'm pretty certain he loved all the back and forth barbs and such and knew it was just all in good fun.  I don't think he would have had it any other way.  

• Heart 2

I would like to see a memory for him on the front wall to this place... He was a well liked guy by all, and liked everyone here as well.. 

He would not have liked half our posts if he was not in it for the fun and games also! 

• Heart 4

It will happen, I have been away all day.  I read this about an hour ago and have been holding back the tears ever since.  My heart is heavy and I have a lump in my throat, we have all lost a good friend.  It always amazes me how hard and cruel the world can be and then we develop friendships with people we never meet.  They are kind to you in ways you can never understand and they make you a better person.  I am better for having known Edward and I will miss my friend.  Rest in peace.

Well done.

Does anyone know the arrangements?

It's a 6hr drive from here to whereabouts he's from and I'd like to attend services if possible.

But, in order to do so, I need to find out this info so I can make arrangements with work, the PT job, and care for my animals.

Damn.