Loose lips sink ships…

ChrisL

So my daughters MIL freaking made our life a living hell..  

WOChrisL hasn’t told her mom about our trip to Hawaii for obvious reasons. So yesterday daughters MIL mentions to my MIL our trip to Hawaii.  Drive home: So you are going to Hawaii? Yes. How come I’m not going? Because you are not invited.  THAT’S NOT FAIR, I WANT TO GO!!!! You are not going.  Freaking boo hoo face the rest of the night and constant nagging today.  Did I mention it’s not fair we aren’t taking her to Hawaii again…

So today my daughters MIL says to my MIL, isn’t it exciting that everyone will be here for Thanksgiving? “Everyone” is my FIL & my wife’s  two brothers as his 80’th Bday is the day after Thanksgiving and we are surprising their dad.

What, what about me??? Who am I having Thanksgiving with?  Why can’t I come? That’s not fair, I want everyone here (In CA) for my 80’th.  FTR we have had numerous bdays & holidays with all of her kids, this is the first in 20 years with her dad. But I digress, it’s not fair…

Anyway WOChrisL is catching absolute hell from her mom and is not happy daughters MIL can’t keep her yap shut.  As such I’m catching hell as WOChrisL is highly irritated right now.  

Thank god she leaves tomorrow.

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 4

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

I'm sorry to hear this, Chris, that your MIL just doesn't understand how incredibly selfish she sounds. It's a miracle your wife....was raised and turned out sane. Now, how did happen? Was there someone else, besides father to counteract.

My wife is a lot like her dad & aunt (dads sister) and not at all like her mom.  She doesn’t even look like her mom.  

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

She doesn’t even look like her mom.  

Maybe she got swapped at birth.

I haven’t even taken my kids to Hawaii, it’s too expensive. That and every time we’d go, they’d be too busy with high school to take time off. Maybe for college graduation.

Which island(s) and when will you be there?

5 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Maybe she got swapped at birth.

I haven’t even taken my kids to Hawaii, it’s too expensive. That and every time we’d go, they’d be too busy with high school to take time off. Maybe for college graduation.

Which island(s) and when will you be there?

Maui, we are renting two condo’s in Kihei (sp?).  My daughter, SIL, CJ & us in one, SIL’s parents in the other.  It’s coming up but not sure, third week in Oct I think.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Unfortunately...I think the leper colony island is no longer...otherwise @Thaddeus Kosciuszko had a good idea

Molokai is the island of the former leper colony. It’s a small island. I’d dump her on the big island of Hawaii. More places for her to get lost.

18 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Molokai is the island of the former leper colony. It’s a small island. I’d dump her on the big island of Hawaii. More places for her to get lost.

We took her once 20 years ago.  It was freaking misery as the plan was we would pay her air fair and she would watch the kids so we could have some alone time.  This was communicated to her as the plan and she was on board with it. Except the trip became all about her, what she wanted to do, where she wanted to eat & etc. We never got any us time.

23 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

We took her once 20 years ago.  It was freaking misery as the plan was we would pay her air fair and she would watch the kids so we could have some alone time.  This was communicated to her as the plan and she was on board with it. Except the trip became all about her, what she wanted to do, where she wanted to eat & etc. We never got any us time.

This is just constant from her, and she doesn't seem like she appreciates anything, ever.  Tell her she can come if she can pay her way, her room at the hotel, and for her meals.   You can tell her that you will take care of the arrangements for her if she writes you a check well beforehand.

Honestly, you are a saint to deal with her at all.  I don't know that I could after this many trips, without blowing up at her after a while.

What happened to the widowers she was gold-digging?  I think you talked about them here, I just forget what happened to them.

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Maui, we are renting two condo’s in Kihei (sp?).  My daughter, SIL, CJ & us in one, SIL’s parents in the other.  It’s coming up but not sure, third week in Oct I think.

Nice, Sugar Beach! I’ll be interested in hearing your impressions, we’ll be celebrating our Anniversary there NYE.

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

big island of Hawaii. More places for her to get lost.

Madame Pele is still active. 🌋

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

This is just constant from her, and she doesn't seem like she appreciates anything, ever.  Tell her she can come if she can pay her way, her room at the hotel, and for her meals.   You can tell her that you will take care of the arrangements for her if she writes you a check well beforehand.

Honestly, you are a saint to deal with her at all.  I don't know that I could after this many trips, without blowing up at her after a while.

What happened to the widowers she was gold-digging?  I think you talked about them here, I just forget what happened to them.

Yeah we pay her rent and help cover expenses (as well as pay for her visits) but she’s mad that we won’t pay her trip to Hawaii.  

They are still a thing but he’s not committing to anything with her.  Apparently he has money and has been helping her with small things like meals & car repairs.  She’s bent out of shape that he bought a $50K work truck but won’t help her buy a car… He also still has his widows car in the garage and she’s hoping he gives it to her. 

It looks like the widow is not committing to anything long term.  Smart…

• Heart 2

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah we pay her rent and help cover expenses (as well as pay for her visits) but she’s mad that we won’t pay her trip to Hawaii.  

They are still a thing but he’s not committing to anything with her.  Apparently he has money and has been helping her with small things like meals & car repairs.  She’s bent out of shape that he bought a $50K work truck but won’t help her buy a car… He also still has his widows car in the garage and she’s hoping he gives it to her. 

It looks like the widow is not committing to anything long term.  Smart…

Doesn't she get social security?  Can she get a part time job?  

She doesn't seem like she is trying to earn her own money at all, and just wants to use anyone else's.   That she is consistently blatant and not in the least self-conscious about it is kind of bizarre.  That she doesn't seem thankful at all is really troubling on top of this.  Does she have any redeeming qualities at all?  Being near death would be a redeeming quality, I feel, is she healthy or in poor condition?  What does your wife's father think about all this?

Where does she live?  Since you are paying her rent and expenses, can you move her to a cheaper area, like a Florida swamp or Toledo or some other dog-forsaken place?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Doesn't she get social security?  Can she get a part time job?  

She doesn't seem like she is trying to earn her own money at all, and just wants to use anyone else's.   That she is consistently blatant and not in the least self-conscious about it is kind of bizarre.  That she doesn't seem thankful at all is really troubling on top of this.  Does she have any redeeming qualities at all?  Being near death would be a redeeming quality, I feel, is she healthy or in poor condition?  What does your wife's father think about all this?

Where does she live?  Since you are paying her rent and expenses, can you move her to a cheaper area, like a Florida swamp or Toledo or some other dog-forsaken place?

She’s in Culpepper VA, we won’t move her here if we can avoid it as the rent is cheap there and my wife does not want her in the house long term.  Nobody does…. She’s still mentally & physically able to live alone.

She’s hardly worked in her life so doesn’t get much in SS.  No other retirement income.  She’s 78, physically could work PT but won’t.  WOChrisL’s Dad can’t stand her. He confided to me that he hated to break up the family but just couldn’t let her bankrupt them.  If he said no she would go to his parents and cry that their son wasn’t supporting her and they would berate him.  

Husband #3 also said similar comments, I just couldn’t do it anymore, I was going bankrupt in this marriage.  He filed for divorce & sold the house.  It really caught her off guard…

19 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

She’s in Culpepper VA, we won’t move her here if we can avoid it as the rent is cheap there and my wife does not want her in the house long term.  Nobody does…. She’s still mentally & physically able to live alone.

She’s hardly worked in her life so doesn’t get much in SS.  No other retirement income.  She’s 78, physically could work PT but won’t.  WOChrisL’s Dad can’t stand her. He confided to me that he hated to break up the family but just couldn’t let her bankrupt them.  If he said no she would go to his parents and cry that their son wasn’t supporting her and they would berate him.  

Husband #3 also said similar comments, I just couldn’t do it anymore, I was going bankrupt in this marriage.  He filed for divorce & sold the house.  It really caught her off guard…

Wow.  Can you stop bringing her out to visit you, and just send the wife to VA to visit her?  She sounds too toxic to have around, especially since she is pissing all over the place now.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Wow.  Can you stop bringing her out to visit you, and just send the wife to VA to visit her?  She sounds too toxic to have around, especially since she is pissing all over the place now.

It’s the great grand baby & grand kids though… We started booking her vacations as when she did she would stay 4-6 weeks.  Now they are 2 weeks. Worth it!

47 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I didn’t know she lived that close to me. I thought she was closer to Fredericksburg. Culpeper is just down 15/29 from Warrenton. I’m supposed to ride the Culpeper Century on Saturday. Ian is going to ruin those plans. 

Actually you are correct, she is in Fredericksburg.  She goes to Culpepper a lot as she has friends there.