Kitchen appliances in your repetoire

shootingstar

I never had a toaster, etc. But I did grow up in a household that used a toaster.

Just immersion hand blender, handheld electric beater mixer (30 yrs. old but works fine), which are stored in cupboard. My microwave hasn't worked for past 4 yrs. Just haven't replaced it because I don't really have a powerful need right now to replace it...dearie used to bug me gently about it. 

That's all. My cooking prep style is pretty manual/basic.  Even my can opener is manual. :)

I really have to deal with counter stuff clutter, which only recently accumulated. :mellow: More decorative stuff.

I like manual stuff too. We have a lot of stuff. The under cabinet toaster oven and toaster are pretty convenient. The microwave gets used a good bit. The wife loves her kitchen aid mixer. I am aboot 50 50 on using the electric vs wind up can opener. In the rare cases I spiralize I used an oxo hand held. Our fridge water dispenser and ice maker is on the fritz and that is a major loss.  We got a hand me down portable air fryer but have yet to christen it. 

All of them?  :blush:

Stove top, oven, air fryer (meh), insta pot (love this), crock pot, blender, mixer, dehydrator, juicer, smoker, BBQ, toaster oven, food processor (use 3x a week or so), salad spinner, immersion blender, ice cream maker (i do use this), 

Coffee is french press, manual can opener, pasta maker 

At work I have a water boiler thing.

No bread makers! I want to feel the dough.  :D

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

All of them?  :blush:

Stove top, oven, air fryer (meh), insta pot (love this), crock pot, blender, mixer, dehydrator, juicer, smoker, BBQ, toaster oven, food processor (use 3x a week or so), salad spinner, immersion blender, ice cream maker (i do use this), 

Coffee is french press, manual can opener, pasta maker 

At work I have a water boiler thing.

No bread makers! I want to feel the dough.  :D

I have a sink and a dishwasher.

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

After my stove/convection oven I have a microwave which I use a lot (attended a Sharp Kitchens microwave use school), a toaster (used almost daily) and a dishwasher, also used daily.

Other appliances I've had but don't use much and feel meh about consist of the air fryer, a toaster oven, popcorn machine and a bread machine.

Womax is a baker and uses a near industrial mixer for much of her stuff.

Then there is the grill, the kitchen on the deck.  This is mine and I do much of our cooking there.

• Heart 1

Dual oven range combo, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, coffee grinder, kitchen aid stand mixer (kept in kitchen island), hand mixer, blender, food processor, insta pot, knife sharpener, and juicer. I think that’s it. Most everything is stored in a cabinet I call the appliance garage.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I never had a toaster, etc. But I did grow up in a household that used a toaster.

Just immersion hand blender, handheld electric beater mixer (30 yrs. old but works fine), which are stored in cupboard. My microwave hasn't worked for past 4 yrs. Just haven't replaced it because I don't really have a powerful need right now to replace it...dearie used to bug me gently about it. 

That's all. My cooking prep style is pretty manual/basic.  Even my can opener is manual. :)

I really have to deal with counter stuff clutter, which only recently accumulated. :mellow: More decorative stuff.

Would you have trouble hauling your new microwave on your bike? I guess you could just buy online and have it delivered.

10 hours ago, shootingstar said:

The apartment State Farm paid for while my burnt house was being rebuilt included kitchen equipment, dishes, and silverware.  I bought an Instant Pot, coffee bean grinder and some other stuff I really wanted, but when I moved back into my house I had to think about what I really wanted and needed and what things I previously had that I no longer wanted.

I use a microwave for a lot of things, from reheating leftovers to steaming broccoli and I have a microwave bacon grill for BLT sandwiches.

image.png.6c09af70356734fa7018b39caca54afc.png

I don't use my oven a lot and haven't gotten a toaster oven in my rebuilt house because I'd use it so seldom, but I do use the oven for things like pizza and tossing potato wedges in a little oil, sprinkling a seasoning on them, and baking them.  A lot of what I used to bake, like baby back ribs and golabki (Polish stuffed cabbage), I now usually make on the stovetop or in my Instant Pot.

I have a 2-slice, cheap toaster.  I have a big, 20 qt. pot that's used for steaming crabs or making dishes for large family get togethers - like boiling 7 1/2 lb of potatoes for potato salad.

I use a food processor on occasion, most often for making things like potato pancake batter and sauce for Jewish Brisket.

I have a 5-quart T-Fal saute pan - basically a 12" frying pan with vertical sides and a lid - that I use for everything from frying eggs to cooking Martha Stewart's Savory Fall Stew and 3- and 5-quart pots in which I mainly make mac & cheese, one-pot meals like ham. potatoes and green beans, or boil water for cooking pasta, rice, or Better Than Bouillon Chicken or Beef stock.

image.png.bd078eb60368dc772a8dfb66327884c6.pngimage.png.95af57a8cc240b6d14c1f67515f2e363.png

I have a Mr. Coffee burr grinder for fresh beans,

I have a Hamilton Beach electric can opener I never use because this manual can opener with fat, rubbery stuff to grip and turn is so easy and fast to use:

image.thumb.png.8cf2b7fb319eed295b0a6d1b6fb47157.png

Gas grill on the deck, electric stove, microwave, kitchen aide mixer, Bunn coffee maker, Belgian waffle maker, instapot that was a gift, I need to keep it for awhile, I don’t use it. Electric wok, electric skillets, crock pots. I have been getting rid of stuff right and left since Esther isn’t here to tell me not to.

• Heart 1

The stuff I use,  stove top, toaster, convection oven /air fryer combo, can opener that I cuss at a lot, microwave, occasionally use the insta pot. we have a ton of other stuff but it doesn't get much use.

Mostly I just cook on the stove and use knives and spatulas, forks and spoons. The counter top convection oven I use a lot more than I expected too.

• Heart 1