guess some of you did all this in short order?

shootingstar

Well maybe you did this earlier in life than she did:

• another employee told me she just got married.   
  • Hubby is a paramedic who is burnt out and now trying to getting police force.  
  • They are both 37 yrs. old. 
  • She is in a rush...she really wants to get pregnant and to have a child soon. The biological clock is ticking in her mind/physiologically.
  • After honeymoon later this month, they want to buy a home. Preferably before baby.

I didn't ask how long she knew her guy before wedding bells.

Energy levels at 22 yrs. for sure can be different than @37 yrs. onward for big life changing event(s).

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

For sure, you are a slightly younger grandpa.

Yeah we were much younger than the other parents with my daughters peer group.  I guess compared to my parents we were older (my parents had their first grandson 1 year after I was born) but compared to most of our peers yeah we are young grandparents.

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah we were much younger than the other parents with my daughters peer group.  I guess compared to my parents we were older (my parents had their first grandson 1 year after I was born) but compared to most of our peers yeah we are young grandparents.

I found it interesting, the burnt-out paramedic wants to get into the police force.  He probably has at least a decade of paramedic work.  

Well maybe he'll see less sick people, blood, etc. as a cop,  I'm not convinced it will be simple policing in our area, given the reality of enough awful things the police in our city have to deal with in a city of 1.3 million. Sure there are less traumatic/drastic police work...traffic control, etc.  Got enough theft, drugs (yes, we do have serious opiod local problem), assaults, gang activity, etc.

I hear police sirens (or maybe it's fire) in middle of night....several times/wk.

24 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I found it interesting, the burnt-out paramedic wants to get into the police force.  He probably has at least a decade of paramedic work.  

Well maybe he'll see less sick people, blood, etc. as a cop,  I'm not convinced it will be simple policing in our area, given the reality of enough awful things the police in our city have to deal with in a city of 1.3 million. Sure there are less traumatic/drastic police work...traffic control, etc.  Got enough theft, drugs (yes, we do have serious opiod local problem), assault, gang activity,etc.

I hear police sirens (or maybe it's fire) in middle of night....several times/wk.

I thought that odd too. Grass is greener type of thing maybe… At least Paramedics aren’t getting killed on the regular like cops…

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I didn't ask how long she knew her guy before wedding bells.

If I recall... I went on my first date with WoBG in late June in 1981 and about 10 months before we were married.   

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I was 27 when I got married

I was 29 when we bought our first house.

That's how it worked out for me too.  

• Heart 1