Requesting time off

Dirtyhip

where I work, they are just happy I bother to keep showing up and not go find another job.

being under employed is nice sometimes. Since the university can't pay like a real job, we get lots of time off and if the work is caught up, its no porblem to take days off, even on short notice.

I remember working for a company that threw it in my face that I took time off instead of working overtime. I said, "wait a minute guys, we're talking going to see my mother at Christmas! its not like I went to Las Vegas or the Bahamas while you were in a bind"

anyway...that's why I stay here and put up with the liberal feminist social working idiots

somebody's got to win, it might as well be me

I send a note saying I am taking the time off unless she has an objection.  It puts ball in her court to come up with a reason why I shouldn’t get the time off.  PTO is part of the compensation package.  I don’t ask for permission to cash my paycheck, I shouldn’t have to beg for time off.

• Heart 1

Mostly I just take it...I mean for South Africa and 3 weeks..I gave them lots of warning and did a ton of pre vacation work.  But for a couple of days...no biggie.  We kinda work on our own so I  make sure my co-workers know...and that it isn't  during our most busy time.  I hate it when they play games...I had a boss tell me I couldn't go a week before my scheduled flight.  I even told him 2 months before that I needed to know it was okay before I booked.  The dumb azz (and he was) didn't realize he told someone else they could go on vacation as well at that time.  They worked around it..but I turned in my resignation at 3 PM the day I left for vacation.

I send a note saying I am taking the time off unless she has an objection.  It puts ball in her court to come up with a reason why I shouldn’t get the time off.  PTO is part of the compensation package.  I don’t ask for permission to cash my paycheck, I shouldn’t have to beg for time off.

That isn't how things work around here.

We have to get leave approved.  If I were to just take time without approval, I could get fired.

That isn't how things work around here.

We have to get leave approved. If I were to just take time without approval, I could get fired.

You're quitting soon anyways, so you should dare them.

I get a week now, before I was self employed so I could take what evar the hell I wanted but no pay.

Even now it is like pulling teeth. I had to let him know a full month in advance, schedule a friend jeweler to work under the table at night, and in general got grief for leaving.

This was after he took two months off to go to Spain, Portugal, Lisbon, and France. 

It pays to be the King, not the manager/jeweler.