YouTube Rabbit Holes

Kirby

If and when you go down a youtube rabbit hole watching far more videos than you originally intended, what is the usual topic?  Do you get caught up with different bands, other songs from a favorite singer, cat videos?

I don't go down the rabbit hole too often, but when I do it's often DoDo animal videos or skating programs.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

50% aviation

20% politics

10% cooking

10% misc

5% sailing

5% leather craft

No f&f or rush or music in general? :(

For me it is 90% music. I still cannot believe that you can get a video or at worst audio for just aboot all music!  Inconceivable!  

The other 10% is probably old tv shows or random movie clips. I have only scratched the surface but I do not need to waste any more time in the interwebz!

Oh, and excellent post, kirbs!  

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

No f&f or rush or music in general? :(

For me it is 90% music. I still cannot believe that you can get a video or at worst audio for just aboot all music!  Inconceivable!  

The other 10% is probably old tv shows or random movie clips. I have only scratched the surface but I do not need to waste any more time in the interwebz!

Oh, and excellent post, kirbs!  

That is the misc part. :) 

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...

Music. The selections used to be better in my opinion. I think the current recommendations use algorithms that are based primarily on most popular within a broad selection of genres. There is really very little related to the music I am listening to at any given moment.

Occasionally auto repair, if the selections are specifically related to what I am doing.

• Heart 1

On 10/25/2022 at 7:46 AM, Kirby said:

If and when you go down a youtube rabbit hole watching far more videos than you originally intended, what is the usual topic?  Do you get caught up with different bands, other songs from a favorite singer, cat videos?

I don't go down the rabbit hole too often, but when I do it's often DoDo animal videos or skating programs.

Well, I forget for .5% viewing for me includes national & international figure skating and gymnastics competitions.