New additions to the family

UglyBob

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Great news. Were they bonded before you adopted?

No, but they did put them out to play together before we committed to adopting them. They hit it off right away. Jessie is pretty wound up because she's a puppy but Lily lets her know when she goes too far.

• Heart 3

We have run into one little problem. Jesse downs her food in about 30 seconds and Lily is a casual eater who likes to have a little bit and come back later. If she walks away Jessie wants to go for her dish. That means I have to keep picking it up and putting it down and separating them and they don't like that. Not really sure how we're going to handle this. Right now I have Jessie inside and Lily eating outside.  They keep meeting up at the door.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Put up a gate. We always have to feed Paulie behind the gate. We also use a slow eater bowl. 

Yeah, we're getting one of the special bowls to slow Jessie down now that we know there's an issue. It turns out Lily is a casual eater. She likes to pick a few pieces out at a time and take them somewhere else to eat them. 

59 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

We have run into one little problem. Jesse downs her food in about 30 seconds and Lily is a casual eater who likes to have a little bit and come back later. If she walks away Jessie wants to go for her dish. That means I have to keep picking it up and putting it down and separating them and they don't like that. Not really sure how we're going to handle this. Right now I have Jessie inside and Lily eating outside.  They keep meeting up at the door.

Daughter #1’s pug is a hog, so when she is here we have to feed them separately. She definitely needs the slow eating bowl. As far as Ruby, I miss when we could free feed her, but now we have to wet her food so she has to eat twice per day now. 

• Heart 1

Daughter’s SO has Watson the Beagle. He is also an over eater. They have a food dish that is meant to slow him down. Is does. A little.  He can also tell time. When she works from home, she stays in her office until 5. He starts tapping at the door and whimpering at 4:58!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, groupw said:

Daughter’s SO has Watson the Beagle. He is also an over eater. They have a food dish that is meant to slow him down. Is does. A little.  He can also tell time. When she works from home, she stays in her office until 5. He starts tapping at the door and whimpering at 4:58!

You can set your clock to Jacks stomach… We feed him dinner at 5 PM and he knows exactly when that is each day.  

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

A few weeks in (just seeing this), how are they settling in?

They're doing great. Lily is a total lapdog and Jessie is almost house broken already. They know this is home now and are starting to get a little territorial. They look out the window of my office and bark at anyone who walks by. When the shade is closed thet still hang out up there and sleep.

20221111_204958.thumb.jpg.d5a7a97cc20a647e55c53cff326263cd.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1