He keeps coming back !

Zipp2001

Chris is an old cycling partner from many years ago who wandered away from the sport for many years. We reconnected several years ago, and he was really starting to get back into it. I even had him on his first trail bike ride, and he wanted to join me more for some fun in the woods. But flash back 14 months ago and he got hit by a van while riding his motorcycle and suffered some very serious injuries. I've visited Chris every week during recovery and about three months ago he asks to join me on a ride. So, we took it really easy and set an easy riding plan for his recovery. Well, now on the last three rides he's wanted to go a little harder and father. So, on my half day Friday we revisit a rail trail that he really enjoyed a few weeks ago. He did 31 miles as we always add a little extra than the trail distance and Chris did quite well. It's a blast having him out for a ride and seeing him get stronger with each ride.

• Awesome 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 6:22 PM, Square Wheels said:

I've been on that trail!  We started at the "Wang" tower in Lowell.

Last year was my first ever visit, and this year I visited it four times. It's good to get away from the steel bulls and always better to have someone to ride with.

• Heart 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 5:45 PM, Zipp2001 said:

Chris did quite well. It's a blast having him out for a ride and seeing him get stronger with each ride.

Rail trails are great for recovering. Last year I was recovering from heart attacks and just finished a course of chemo that almost killed me. I signed up for the September Challenge to fight children’s cancer. I was only four days out from my last chemo treatment when I started the challenge and quickly found out I was not ready for my local roads that are all up and down. I hauled my bike to a rail trail and my health and strength came back quickly. 18 days into the challenge was my birthday and I rode my age 72 miles on the rail trail that day. I finished the month with 750 miles and raised over $1,300 to fight children’s cancer.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1