Prayers for my Grandma

kingtermite

The only remaining grandparent, my Grandmother (mom's side) had an 'episode' either last night or this morning (detail are sketchy). They are thinking it may have been a stroke. She has been taken to ER. Sounded like the was doing "OK" at the moment, but she's not young anymore. I think she's about 88 or 89 years old.

Sent.

Folks...(especially us older type) when on long flights...drink lots of water and get up and move around. A lot. MIL, my Dad and several others I know have had strokes either on the plane or shortly after a long flight.

• Heart 1

Latest:

Yesterday (overnight, I think) my grandmother woke up and tried to go to the bathroom on her own (she has some Alzheimer's and may have been confused as to where she was). She walked to the bathroom ripping out her IV and lots of wires connected to various things as well as the heart catheter they had in her. They found her a bit of a bloody mess, but I guess it really wasn't "that" bad.

They were able to run lots of tests on heart, etc... yesterday and the results are all negative showing she's in pretty good health. They think it was likely not stroke, but just the dehydration from being sick, etc.....

She still can't quite walk on her own, but they'll be moving her to a re-hab center (probably tomorrow) to a place near my Aunt and Uncle's house (that also deals with Alzheimer's patients). My Aunt suspects she'll probably only be there a few days before she's able to leave. Not sure from there if they'll let her go back home (where her younger sister lives with her) or keep her at their house for a while.