Oh nose

Longjohn

Coconut oil was always one of the bad oils because it is saturated fat. Then a few years ago coconut oil was all the rage and considered health food. They claim coconut oil isn’t processed by your body the same way as other saturated fats like lard. Who really knows? Everything in moderation I guess.

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 3:44 PM, Longjohn said:

Coconut oil was always one of the bad oils because it is saturated fat. Then a few years ago coconut oil was all the rage and considered health food. They claim coconut oil isn’t processed by your body the same way as other saturated fats like lard. Who really knows? Everything in moderation I guess.

The moderation thing is what I follow.  Back in the 80's, I went on the 85% carbs "Pritikin Promise Diet which included giving up coffee and I had caffeine withdrawal headaches for 2 weeks.  A few years later they said coffee drinkers live longer.  Then the no-carb diets came out, making the same kind of make-no-sense claims the all-carbs diets had made - though low-carbs benefits diabetics.

Finally, the diet that seems the most commonly agreed as good is the Mediterranean Diet.  It's roughly equal in Calories from carbs, protein, and good fats.  That works for me.

• Heart 1