Hot dogs for supper is a Halloween tradition.

MoseySusan

This is the best.  We used to do the same every year.  Faar pit out front.  Crock pot of chili and cook hot dogs over the faar.  Hand out candy and I would always get a big tub of fireball and other assorted single "airplane" shots.  Like the small bottles they hand out on airplanes.  I would give those to the adults as they went by.  In past years sometimes I would just have a big handle of chilled fireball and pour individual shots into disposable shot glasses.  But the small bottles seem to go over better. 

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

Nice! 

We didn't do it last year because we went to Emmy's coach's house.  They live in a subdivision that really does it up for Hween.  We are going there again tonight.  It will be a good time.  She can hang with her friends and the adults will sit by a faar.  I suppose I could grab some shooters to hand out again, the adults seemed to really like it back when I did it at our place.  

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I suppose I could grab some shooters to hand out again, the adults seemed to really like it back when I did it at our place

mr. just reminded me that minis are illegal in NM. They don’t sell them here. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Something about making it harder to drink while driving. We doubled down on marijuana, though. 

I guess I can see that.  We also use them to tuck into our boots when we sneak them into concerts.  Eric Church is a big one.  He has a song about "Jack Daniels" and everyone in the crowd brings out little minis of Jack and drinks them and/or throw them up on stage for him. Good times!

I don't hand out candy at my house anymore because only about half a dozen kids that aren't 16 or other - and not many of them, either - come trick-or-treating thanks to what's happened to society and safety over the past half-century.  But I do buy candy and take it to my brother's community.

Beginning when my nephew Adam was around first grade, a group of about 10-12 friends and their parents - and me - gathered at my brother's house for Halloween.  There was a big tub with a fire in the front yard where hot dogs or marshmallows were roasts.  The men took the kids trick-or-treating for about a mile or so - longer as they got older - and the women had a party everyone else joined when the walk was done.

Now Adam is in 9th Grade and, beginning last year, everyone decided that group of kids was to old to trick-or-treat.  So, now the kids have a party and the adults have a party - inside the house if its rainy as it may be tonight.

• Heart 1

We drove around last night checking out decorations. Some down here go all out! We decorated some, but nothing like many around us. We have no idea how many kids we will have. Nobody down here seems to know with things being pretty locked down the last couple years and lots of houses with new residents. 
Here is one of the houses down the street. 

3DE62833-2E8B-4F5E-A9AC-32DD34E117C2.jpeg

001140C8-C4A5-4E77-AD5B-9ACF4FE6AA2A.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1