Do you have a will?

Randomguy

Nope, I keep saying I will get one, but never seem to get around to it.

Who wants my stuff?

Same here. My wife and I are in the same boat. We always look at the software that helps you to create wills or living wills and say "we really should get around to doing that", but we haven't yet.

I really should have something in place, but I don't.  It is the one area of my life that I can't deal with.  I don't deal well even considering death.  I know it's out there, but I don't wish to think about it.

If K and I were to die together, the State is going to get a little richer I think.  I don't know how they deal with an estate, if there is no will.   

I really should have something in place, but I don't.  It is the one area of my life that I can't deal with.  I don't deal well even considering death.  I know it's out there, but I don't wish to think about it.

If K and I were to die together, the State is going to get a little richer I think.  I don't know how they deal with an estate, if there is no will.   

You really need to bequeath your fortune to the members of the SWF.

We put everything into a living trust so nothing goes into probate and nothing goes to the government. The will just directs how the trust is to be handled.

Yes, I do.   

If I get to the point where I outlive my siblings or felt they couldn't take care of any pets I had, I'd also revise the will to make sure that I made arrangements for any pets and left money for their medical care and costs.

Our neighbor was diagnosed with lung cancer.  He died about four weeks later.  He and his wife did not have a will, and did not have time to get one completed before he died. 

She's now trying to get everything sorted out, and she's spending far more on lawyers than she should be because they did not set up wills.  Lawyers are expensive, they bill by the hour, and they do not work quickly.

You folks who don't have a will - don't be so selfish with your time - put it on your calendar and keep the date. Your spouse and/or family will go through enough when you die that you should not place a burden on them that will take them months or even years to clear up.

Our neighbor was diagnosed with lung cancer.  He died about four weeks later.  He and his wife did not have a will, and did not have time to get one completed before he died. 

She's now trying to get everything sorted out, and she's spending far more on lawyers than she should be because they did not set up wills.  Lawyers are expensive, they bill by the hour, and they do not work quickly.

You folks who don't have a will - don't be so selfish with your time - put it on your calendar and keep the date. Your spouse and/or family will go through enough when you die that you should not place a burden on them that will take them months or even years to clear up.

If there is a surviving spouse, I thought the assets just go to the listed beneficiary.  

Houses, I am on the titles.

Vehicle, I am on the title

401K I am listed as beneficiary for his and he is listed on mine.  Same for the Roth IRAs.  

I'll second the above. We have a fire box that has will, insurance info, bank info etc in it. Should something happen to one of us all the other needs is in the fire box.