Upper and lower

Zealot

Glad things appear to be well but tough to wait for the results.

However, it could be worse. I started saying sweet nothings to my hot wife standing next to me as I was coming out of anesthesia, only to become more conscious and realize that the shadowy figure next to me was the nurse. My wife was at the head of the gurney out of sight and witnessed the whole thing. They had a good laugh.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I hope they did the upper first or at least wiped off the scope in between.

A man on a farm had a bull who went cross eyed one day. He didn't know what to do so he decided he would call the local vet. The vet went down to the farm and said "Ah! No problem, I know just what to do." He went to his truck and got a long pipe. He then inserted that pipe into the bull's ass and blew really hard. The man was amazed to see the bull's eyes go back to normal. "See there you have it, all back to normal, that'll be $150." The farmer paid the vet and was happy his bull was back to normal.

A week goes by and the man notices the bull has gone cross eyed again. Well instead of paying $150, he decided he would just grab a pipe and do the same thing he saw the vet do. So he grabs a pipe, shoves it up the bull's ass, and blows really hard but to no avail. Reluctantly he calls the vet and asks him to come over.

The vet comes by and the farmer says "Look, I did just what you did but it's not working." He blows into the pipe that's up the bull's ass and shows the vet it doesn't work. The vet walks over and takes the pipe out of the bull's ass, turns it around and sticks the other end into the bull's ass. "Whoa, what're you doing?!" to which the vet replies. "Are you kidding me, that end was in your mouth, I'm not putting my mouth on that!"

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Glad things appear to be well but tough to wait for the results.

However, it could be worse. I started saying sweet nothings to my hot wife standing next to me as I was coming out of anesthesia, only to become more conscious and realize that the shadowy figure next to me was the nurse. My wife was at the head of the gurney out of sight and witnessed the whole thing. They had a good laugh.

The nurse didn't look like @Parr8hed, did he?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I would hpoe that you wouldn't yank out a foley.  My husband has some opinions about people that wake and yank things out without calling for a nurse.  It can be a bad thing to yank on that stuff.

Glat to hear that you are ok.

I admit I’m not a great patient. When I came out of anesthesia from my shoulder replacement, I pulled out everything. The IV removal, of course, caused me to bleed all over the bed. The ICU nurse was pretty upset. 

I don’t just arbitrarily do things like that during normal awareness. But anesthesia affects people differently. Much of what happens we only recall bits and pieces of. 

I don’t recall ever having a foley, though.