A plea to Indy

jsharr

Take time off from wasting rodents with your blaster and post like the wind.  You will enjoy the perks of the 1000 post club.  The members lounge has hot and cold running cognac in the sinks and the urinals are made of gold.

Petite does yoga poses for us to name and Airwick brings us our drinks dressed as a french school girl.

Join us Indy. 

Also, send us your measurements so we can have your velvet slippers and silk smoking jacket ready.

• Heart 1

Not happening today. I get to spend the day baby sitting my computer while it runs automated stuff for the rest of today and probably tomorrow. Very fragile process so I can't touch it unless something bombs.

But Excel automatically loading records into SAP sure beats doing it by hand. Even if it's mind numbingly boring.

Exciting. We have a scripting tool, AutoMate to help with tedious tasks like this.

I'm doing it all with Excel vba using send keys and a couple other things to validate screens and fields.

You need a better script. AutoMate is pretty good.

It's not the script that's the speed problem, it's SAP. It's used by a lot of divisions and the server is in Tucson, I'm pushing it about as fast I can right now, cut the delays anymore and it will start missing commands being sent and then its a fight. Running smooth and fairly quick now.

It's not the script that's the speed problem, it's SAP. It's used by a lot of divisions and the server is in Tucson, I'm pushing it about as fast I can right now, cut the delays anymore and it will start missing commands being sent and then its a fight. Running smooth and fairly quick now.

I offered to send Airwick to your place in the french school girls outfit to be your server.

• Heart 1

Maybe it would be more cost effective you fly you to Tucson and have you work directly at the server?

That would be a very bad idea. This is a nonauthorized activity by corporate. We asked about ways to do this stuff and they said no. So I came up with a way and we don't want them to know.

They have questioned how I can enter so many records so fast before. Are official stance is lots of coffee. Not really a lie as it's hard to stay awake

That would be a very bad idea. This is a nonauthorized activity by corporate. We asked about ways to do this stuff and they said no. So I came up with a way and we don't want them to know.

They have questioned how I can enter so many records so fast before. Are official stance is lots of coffee. Not really a lie as it's hard to stay awake

Let's hope you have a new job lined up.

And bump the freaking delays yet again.

I won an award here for this process, so no worries about my job. Corporate never said I couldn't do it with vba, one record at a time, and this is an engineering company, so they should know you have to be explicit.