Raspberries

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by BuffJim,

39 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yay or nay?

They are expensive, and they go bad quickly.  They are tasty in a way, though, and I am sure there are supposed to be hippie health benefits associated with them.

I almost bought raspberries last week - they were on sale at some store.  But I'd just as soon buy blueberries - they last a long time in the fridge.

• Heart 1

• 6 months later...

I was about to post that I like the flavor but find the seeds annoying, and mention that I just made a pitcher of raspberry iced tea yesterday - until i realized this was a dragged thread  and that I had posted almost the exact same thing previously.  At least I'm consistent.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I was about to post that I like the flavor but find the seeds annoying, and mention that I just made a pitcher of raspberry iced tea yesterday - until i realized this was a dragged thread  and that I had posted almost the exact same thing previously.  At least I'm consistent.

I dredged it thinking I may have talked about blackberries before, just wanted to verify.  I saw that someone else mentioned blackberries and got really lazy and bumped it with a new comment.

16 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We have an heirloom patch that was dug up from my friends home.  They were gifted from her Grandma to her and then gifted to me.  I use her maternal name for the patch.  The Della-Rose, berries

We had a beeyootiful patch of everbearing Heritage red raspberries but it only lasted a few years. Daughter #1 was in heaven but daughter #2 was late to the party. 

14 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

We had a beeyootiful patch of everbearing Heritage red raspberries but it only lasted a few years. Daughter #1 was in heaven but daughter #2 was late to the party. 

WHy didn't it last?  Did you not care fo it?  

My process is to cut the 2nd year canes.  Mulch with compost every year, weed it, and pull some out that get too thick.  Berries choke themselves out and get exhausted if you ignore them, just pick and water.