I would like to change your forum name

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

57 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I guess I am.  You bullied me into changing it for spooky season.  Now what?

I am stumped (not literally "I Am Stumped", although that might be fun), but something shart related.  Sharty McShartypants would touch on both your scary-result flatulence and also your UK heritage.  I assume you are part Irish because Irish people are so damn charming, and someone in your family tree should have fallen hard for one at one time or another.

47 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

:desk:

"Rick and a Bunch of Numbers", of course!

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I'm game, but kind of scared too.

I will be honest with you guys, this thread was really a super-light Zima-version parody of Couch's thread.  I really like most of your names, and the ones I don't like, I don't have any reasonable replacement names for.  I would change Roadsue's name back to Roadsue, though, because I think it is better.  Maybe MickinMD should just change his name to Dr. Mickin finally.  I certainly would change Rick's name to Rick and a Bunch of Numbers, which is also good because it is lottery season.

21 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I divorced the road. We have to move on, friend. 💞

You can keep your name when you get divorced, you know.  I do like RS better, though, and respect your right to choose.  I do hope you change back temporarily for a day or so, just to humor me once or twice a year.

5 minutes ago, Randomparsnipstenchbreath said:

I do hope you change back temporarily for a day or so, just to humor me once or twice a year.

The road was a harsh partner;  demanding, demoralizing, high-maintenance, and caused numerous (and costly) injuries to me and to my friends. It made and reneged on promises. It ate up my energy. It breathed up all the air. It tried to force me into being someone else. If there was a humor for the road, it hasn’t been entertaining for a long time. So, please let it go. I’ve made my peace with the end of roadsue. Not going back. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

The road was a harsh partner;  demanding, demoralizing, high-maintenance, and caused numerous (and costly) injuries to me and to my friends. It made and reneged on promises. It ate up my energy. It breathed up all the air. It tried to force me into being someone else. If there was a humor for the road, it hasn’t been entertaining for a long time. So, please let it go. I’ve made my peace with the end of roadsue. Not going back. 

How about LazySusan? 

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Maybe something more parsnippy?  

Anyway, what injuries?  Why demoralization?  What promises?  It may be demanding, but it gave you what all exercise does, which is increased energy, excitement that comes from covering ground, a feeling of achievement from enhanced fitness, plus various etc's and such.  I bet some of these pitfalls and benefits could be said of all exercises, but crossfit or P90X don't get you into fresh air, for instance, and are certainly far more injurious to health and happiness that comes from cycling, which can be on the road or otherwise.  Did you really give up ALL cycling on the road?

You will always be RS to me, the only RS that ever was, even if you never touch road again.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Randomparsnipstenchbreath said:

Maybe something more parsnippy?  

Anyway, what injuries?  Why demoralization?  What promises?  It may be demanding, but it gave you what all exercise does, which is increased energy, excitement that comes from covering ground, a feeling of achievement from enhanced fitness, plus various etc's and such.  I bet some of these pitfalls and benefits could be said of all exercises, but crossfit or P90X don't get you into fresh air, for instance, and are certainly far more injurious to health and happiness that comes from cycling, which can be on the road or otherwise.  Did you really give up ALL cycling on the road?

You will always be RS to me, the only RS that ever was, even if you never touch road again.

I love parsnippy for you.