Need a little help.

sheep_herder

I also vote for ALL. :nodhead:

I think 1 and 5 might have the most general "art" appeal to strangers.

I'd pick the lamb for myself though and it definitely is the cutest.

But I honestly think  each could appeal to different people.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I like the lighting on the lambs and the leading lines in the landscape.

What really impressed me was 6x6. It is not often that you see telephoto on medium format as a 'long' 200mm lens is about a 135 equivalent.

They sometimes have a sale right before Christmas with paintings and some photographs in 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, or 12x12 format. Thus, I have to search my files for images that will fit the chosen format. Price is $16, $36, $64, and $144 with 1/2 going to the artist and 1/2 to the museum. This year they are doing 6x6 and 8x8.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

They sometimes have a sale right before Christmas with paintings and some photographs in 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, or 12x12 format. Thus, I have to search my files for images that will fit the chosen format. Price is $16, $36, $64, and $144 with 1/2 going to the artist and 1/2 to the museum. This year they are doing 6x6 and 8x8.

Ah, OK. It was a 1x1 square crop and not medium format. With my recent foray back into B&W film development, I am so tempted to sell my two Canon film bodies and three FD lens and take it to the next level. Have you seen the prices of vintage Bronica (around $1000) and Hasselblads (around $2000) basic camera/lens kit? Besides, for the niche film sessions, could easily handle 12 where 24 or 36 makes it a chore to complete to be processed.

• Heart 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 10:46 AM, sheep_herder said:

May put some 6x6 photos in a Christmas sale at the art museum. Which ones do you like?

_I0A0098modaaaweb.jpg

_I0A5122mod16x20aaaweb.jpg

0V2A4792modweb.jpg

P1050213web.jpg

P1063372mod8x10web.jpg

P1065191web.jpg

P7110132web.jpg

Well these did not sell at the WAM, in fact not sure much stuff sold at this sale. I gathered there was some interest from the forum when I first posted these, so I am offering each for $40 apiece. That includes postage. No pressure, as what does not sell here will be sent to an endowment fund auction for the Society for Range Management in Boise, ID in February. I've donated to the fund in the past.

Remember these are 6x6" photos mounted on foam with no hanger attached. They can be displayed on small stands on a desk or table, or need an innovative hanger for displaying on the wall.

If interested, send me a message with your address. First offer gets each photo. Thanks for looking and for SW allowing me to post this offer on the Forum.

• Heart 1