I just LOVE........

Rocketman
Go to solution Solved by Zephyr,

When a user doesn't like your answer to a question, and they then schedule a meeting to discuss it

Upgrading to Server 2008 is NOT possible in our environment, and is NOT going to happen because the customer is NOT going to pay for it.  I'm sorry that a completely different group upgraded their software and now you can't do part of your work ... but that is NOT my fault, and much as I WANT to upgrade to 2008, it's just not fucking possible

And no meeting is going to change that.  Period.  End of story.  Game over.  Game, Set and Match.

Sheesh ... just buck up and deal with it.

Asshole

When a user doesn't like your answer to a question, and they then schedule a meeting to discuss it

Upgrading to Server 2008 is NOT possible in our environment, and is NOT going to happen because the customer is NOT going to pay for it.  I'm sorry that a completely different group upgraded their software and now you can't do part of your work ... but that is NOT my fault, and much as I WANT to upgrade to 2008, it's just not fucking possible

And no meeting is going to change that.  Period.  End of story.  Game over.  Game, Set and Match.

Sheesh ... just buck up and deal with it.

Asshole

I'll be interested on the outcome of your meeting.  Please let us know the date of your upgrade to Server 2008.

• Heart 2

I can safely say ... Probably Never.  And if it does happen, it won't be because of this meeting.

We are running Citrix version 4.5.  Citrix 4.5 will NOT run on Windows 2008.

In addition - if you upgrade Citrix (along with Windows) you have to start a new Farm, the 2 OS's and different Citrix versions do NOT run in the same farm together.

Our customer has made it pretty clear (I've been trying to upgrade to 2008 for 3 of the 4 years I've worked here) that they aren't paying for the licenses, the hardware or our effort involved in such an upgrade.

well is it because you gave a different answer then they wanted to hear? Why did you knot use your ESP to read their mind and give them the exact answer they wanted in the first place??? 

Stop being a ROOKIE and do your damn job right in the first place :)

Oh I know what answer they want, it's the same answer I want.

But it's not the actual answer unfortunately.

7 minutes to meeting time.  8 minutes until I want to strangle someone.

Well

8 minutes until I want to strangle someone NEW

In addition - if you upgrade Citrix (along with Windows) you have to start a new Farm, the 2 OS's and different Citrix versions do NOT run in the same farm together.

OK. Individually, each of those words made sense. Put together them the way you did, made them into a vu jade moment.

• Heart 1