About that punch to the gut

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Randomguy,

Very sorry to hear this.  I am glad that you are both focusing on your boys and trying to make this transition as easy as possible for them.  We joke a lot around here, but you know we  truly care, and are here if you want to talk.  I can't imagine how difficult this is for everyone after so many years.

• Heart 3
  • Thank You 1

I wish I had words of comfort or perspective or pithy wisdom. But I just have sad. And I’m amazed by your courage to stay civil. I’d be rounding up the wagons for all-out making war on mr. Just this morning I gave him what-for because he leaves used Puffs lying around the house and said I talk too loudly.

Bleh… it’s no fun when 25 years together fades into separate lives.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Looks like my 25 year marriage will not survive to see 26 years.   We are trying to stay civil and maintain normalcy until our youngest graduates high school.    I held out some hope for a bit, but realized this past weekend that there is no saving it this time.  I am hurting inside.

I suspected based on a few clues you’ve dropped over the years. I feel your pain though sir and I’m glad you’ve shared it with us. That’s what we’re here for. We’re a safe place to share and diffuse some of your pain. I’m sorry brother. It doesn’t help now but there is plenty of life to be had afterwards when that time comes and your ready for it.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

If by any chance those bastiges in the Sunshine Committee are reading this, I am fine and do not need anything.  

I'd like to think @Longjohnand @Randomparsnipstenchbreathhave good dating tips, and would make good wingmen. When you feel up to dating again :)

Oh the stories :D

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

If the weather here for riding and camping was about to take a huge nosedive, I'd suggest a road trip would be a good way to get a break.  Still, you could take a trip west where it is still pleasant enough :dontknow:

Fredericksburg VA is a cool place to visit.  I know someone you could take out there…  Just sayin! 😂

• Heart 3