Show us your dads

Longjohn

12 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I don’t have any pictures of my dad later in life but here is my parents wedding photo that I posted the other day. May 7, 1948 I believe he was 27 when they got married.  My mom was 17 and 3 months pregnant.  Scandalous!   

image.thumb.jpeg.2b5776e79d3b752c6096a47cd98de32c.jpeg

I believe my father was 29 when he married my mother 24.  Mother was 25 when I was born @1959, approx. 1 yr. after she immigrated as a picture bride. My father sponsored her (family reunification is what govn't immigration program would be called... and still is). She considered at that time, getting a bit older.

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I believe my father was 29 when he married my mother 24.  Mother was 25 when I was born @1959, approx. 1 yr. after she immigrated as a picture bride. My father sponsored her (family reunification is what govn't immigration program would be called... and still is). She considered at that time, getting a bit older.

My parents had a good marriage but my mom always said it wasn’t a happy day for her.  Her mom basically told my dad you knocked her up, you marry her so he did.  My mom didn’t have a say in the matter.

• Hugs 2

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My parents had a good marriage but my mom always said it wasn’t a happy day for her.  Her mom basically told my dad you knocked her up, you marry her so he did.  My mom didn’t have a say in the matter.

Ummm....I don't think my father dated before my mother. He was single, working for first 6 yrs. in Canada in town of less than 2,000 folks.  The only Chinese/Asians in town were his uncle, aunt and their then 5  children (which later grew to 7).  My great-uncle ran a restaurant. 

He was probably hot after mom when she landed in Toronto. :whistle:  

10 Mom Passport Seal.jpg

1 Dad Face Portrait.jpg

• Heart 3