Okay, everybody. It's time!

donkpow

Do any of you know the finger trick when cooking rice?  My mom taught me this decades ago and several Asians/Islanders have reported the same trick.  Make 1 cup or 10 cups in a rice cooker or pot the trick works.

If you put the rice in a vessel to cook it, place your index finger on the rice & fill with water so that the water comes to the first line of your finger.  Works every time!

You are welcome.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, donkpow said:

What about you, huh?

I'm first in line for you OTHER stuff!!!! @Kzoo can have the remains of the rice cooker, but I want the stuff that doesn't get destroyed in the explosion, fires, and ensuing flooding (and perhaps partial of full building collapse).  

IOW, before you start, can you please do it somewhere else rather than where all your stuff is?

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Time to start the cooking of rice in a rice cooking machine!

I will be preparing 180 ml of rice for supper. This requires 90 ml of dried rice and 180 ml of water. What about you, huh?

Flawless. Every time. 
Fwiw, rice in the InstaPot is 1:1 ratio of rice to liquid. 1 cup of rice (I like Basmati), and 1 cup of water. 
I can get all fancy with other ingredients, but sometimes freshly cooked plain Basmati rice is very good. 

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm first in line for you OTHER stuff!!!! @Kzoo can have the remains of the rice cooker, but I want the stuff that doesn't get destroyed in the explosion, fires, and ensuing flooding (and perhaps partial of full building collapse).  

IOW, before you start, can you please do it somewhere else rather than where all your stuff is?

BMBM.  I get all his stuff.

• Whatever 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

I will be preparing 180 ml of rice for supper. This requires 90 ml of dried rice and 180 ml of water. What about you, huh?

I am gonna make a pizza with my day-old dough that is sitting on the counter looking sexy.  It will make my throat hurt, but it will be worth it.

• Heart 1
  • Envious 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

I only use Calrose sticky rice, and my ratio is 2 - 1 liquid to rice. 

I like heavy rice that is clumpy as heck..

• Heart 1
  • Yum 1

15 minutes ago, Airehead said:

We have this one. Makes up to 10 cups. It has not exploded yet, even with Beans. 

I think it is called Neuro Fuzzy. Einstein got it in Japan. 

B913D931-D9C7-4C2A-B10D-9233724605E6.webp

E t tim

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I only use Calrose sticky rice, and my ratio is 2 - 1 liquid to rice. 

I like heavy rice that is clumpy as heck..

I like it clumpy too. 

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...