HoSmudge pretty sick

smudge

46 minutes ago, smudge said:

Well, I just got the tour of the dialysis machine. Pretty freaking amazing!

And I like this lady.

Is she hot? 

And yes, dialysis machines are pretty dope.  I can talk you through the settings if you wanna mess with it any?  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Hang in there Smudge, and keep up the vigilance. We're all sending massive prayers, vibes, love, and support to you both.

You are HoSmudge's top advocate. If you have other family that can also join your support team, bring them in.  Do not doubt your instincts where if something seems important or wrong, then make sure you get good answers and help being heard.  It's a huge responsibility making sure your hubby gets the care he needs and deserves, and we know you're up to it.  But likewise, lean on the folks here who have skills and experience with a whole range of health issues.  Lean on family or friends who are doctors or nurses or have had similar health scares.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

How scary for you.  Prayers for HoSmudge, you and all the caregivers.  I really admire how strong and present you are for HoSmudge  and how you've been such a great advocate for his care, but I hope you are taking care of yourself too so that you can continue to be there for him.  I'm convinced stress impacts your immune system, so it's important to try to get sleep and eat right as well - even though it isn't easy and seems unimportant in comparison to what he's going through.

Glad to hear things are looking up today, but this must be so hard for you all.  You will all be in my prayers and let us know if you want to vent or there is anything we can do.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I need advice....

He's on sedation, getting the dialysis, intubated... basically just lying in a bed with lots of IVs. I'd like to go home for the night (2 hours drive). I'm not afraid of the drive. I'm hoping it will give my stress a bit of time off, but is it morally ok to leave for a day and come back for Wednesday and Thursday??

• Hugs 2

2 minutes ago, smudge said:

I need advice....

He's on sedation, getting the dialysis, intubated... basically just lying in a bed with lots of IVs. I'd like to go home for the night (2 hours drive). I'm not afraid of the drive. I'm hoping it will give my stress a bit of time off, but is it morally ok to leave for a day and come back for Wednesday and Thursday??

Yes, HoS is in good hands and you have to take care of you now. Is there someone near you who can give you support and a nice meal? Make that call. If you was near me, I’d have some comfort food ready when you got home. I’d be all ears. Hugs framily.

• Heart 1