What are you doing for thanksgiving?

Digital_photog

56 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

We are celebrating Turkey Day on Sunday. That way all our children can enjoy Thanksgiving on Thursday with their in-laws. Instead we plan to do some hikes.

Also, I will watch the famous WKRP in Cincinnati episode and listen to Alice's Restaurant. 

My siblings started doing that 20 + years ago. As we all had our own families Thanksgiving was about our smaller family units.  The Friday after, my siblings all meet for dinner with whomever else chooses to come.  It has worked out really well.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Feast for BuffCarla’s family at our house. Thursday late afternoon and evening. Turkey and all the trimmings. Turkey makes up less than 2% of the total cost. 

Lesse ... average turkey cost is currently $30. Times 50 for total cost equals.... :blink:

Hope you only paid $3 for your bird!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Airehead said:

Less evil than regular running because the dog pulls you along. 

Not even close to being right...  What it is....... is like chasing a dog for 3 miles that is already on the leash.  Just stop and you don't have to chase him anymore.  That's why they invented leashes. 

Gosh, even Rudy and I have that one figured out.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Not even close to being right...  What it is....... is like chasing a dog for 3 miles that is already on the leash.  Just stop and you don't have to chase him anymore.  That's why they invented leashes. 

Gosh, even Rudy and I have that one figured out.

Having an annoying dog chase you on a bike is fun.  Especially when the owner is chasing the dog.  Just stay a few feet ahead of it. :) 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Chris... said:

Tested positive for Covid 5 mins ago. Thanksgiving was supposed to be at our house. I have a 16lb turkey brined in my fridge. 12 people were coming here. 

I guess this answers RG's holiday Covid question.  Sorry to hear this Chris.

• Sad 1

I cooked and marinated the kielbasa in sauerkraut, kielbasa water and caraway seeds.  It's cooling now in the Instant Pot inner pot, which will be stored in the fridge overnight then set in the inner pot and set on "Keep Warm" around noon.

Around the same time, I'll boil broccoli florets, make the cheese sauce, combine them in a disposable lasagna pan with lid.

I have insulated carriers for the Instant Pot and the lasagna pan.  They'll go into the car, go over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and to my brother's BiL's house where 12-15 of us extended family members will watch football then eat Thanksgiving Dinner about 3 pm.

• Heart 1

23 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Well one time the dog came after us and I slowed down letting the dog catch up and did the loop with that dog about 3’ off my wheel yipping at us the whole time.  He was pretty tuckered by the time we got back to his house & never ran after us again! 

My next door Amish neighbor has a stealth pug that doesn’t yip until he is on your wheel. Those little legs if he gave a warning yip he would never catch anyone. I watch for him now when I start my rides and try to let him think he is catching up. I discovered pugs can’t run very far or fast.

• Heart 2