So do you bastards use chlorine bleach on your white stuff?

Road Runner

I use to, but everybody told me it was bad for the life of the fabrics and I should avoid using bleach.  Now my white t-shirts are no longer white, but sort of an off-white.  So then I end up throwing them out because they are dingy and buying new ones.

Seems like a lose/lose situation.   :(

Do you bleach stuff or just wear dingy/off-white underwear?  :scratch head:

I use to, but everybody told me it was bad for the life of the fabrics and I should avoid using bleach.  Now my white t-shirts are no longer white, but sort of an off-white.  So then I end up throwing them out because they are dingy and buying new ones.

Seems like a lose/lose situation.   :(

Do you bleach stuff or just wear dingy/off-white underwear?  :scratch head:

Can I have your old clothes?  <you don't have to wash them>

I use bleach...more as a cleaning agent as opposed to the wash. But, every so often, I do use bleach in with the whites.

Crap...if I bleach the whites, but not the others....am I a racist?  Or just ill mannered.

WoKzoo uses (a lot) it but you were not asking her because you were asking bastards and she is not one.

I use the term, "bastards" on a regular basis and in a jestful way to describe those of us who left our original forum home and came to this insect and rodent infested hovel and became forum "bastards", so to speak.

I hope you weren't offended.  If you were, then please accept my sincerest apology. 

So apparently, there is no "right" answer.  Some use no bleach, some use non-chlorine bleach, some use lots of chlorine bleach and some just like to spell it "bleech".  

When it comes to laundry knowledge, you people are pretty wishy-washy.   :(

You have to be some sort of extra dopey pansy not to bleach the crap out everything, really just monumentally thick.  You ought to be deported for your non-bleachy crimes of omission.  Just the idea makes me want to retch.

White stuff rocks!  Kill the bacteria!  Win-win!

You have to be some sort of extra dopey pansy not to bleach the crap out everything, really just monumentally thick.  You ought to be deported for your non-bleachy crimes of omission.  Just the idea makes me want to retch.

White stuff rocks!  Kill the bacteria!  Win-win!

Great answer!  You can always count on RG to be non-wishywashy!   :nod head:

I also like Bosox and Zack's idea of not wearing white stuff.  That never occurred to me as a possible option.   :)

Great answer!  You can always count on RG to be non-wishywashy!   :nod head:

I also like Bosox and Zack's idea of not wearing white stuff.  That never occurred to me as a possible option.   :)

I knew some chick that only wore white dresses.  Everyday.  The chick was about 6' tall and obese, but I have to say, she really looked good in white.  I was a temp in Chicago, as was she.