I think it will be a great winter

dinneR

1 hour ago, dinneR said:

JHMR is reporting 112" of snow so far this season. Not bad for Nov. We skied tonight after work and the powder was deep above 7k'.

Current forecast is snow all week. On the radio this morning, they said Thur forecast is 100% chance of snow, accumulation-Lots. 

We're getting some rain, but little cold.  It's rare for the temps to fall below freezing at night and that's highly unusual.

We usually don't get much snow before January - a "White Christmas" is considered a rare gift - but those who have small pleasure boats used on the Chesapeake Bay and tributaries have them out of the water and the motors winterized by Thanksgiving.  But we're expecting highs mostly in the 50's and 60's through the 1st week of December.

It is below freezing in much of the northern part of Texas.  Power still on!  Fingers crossed.  Funnily enough with the first major cold snap. The news stations are all running stories about the condition of the Texas power grid. No skiing also no elevations above 7000 feet.

actually, Texas does have some peaks over 8000 feet down in the Guadalupe mountains near the  Mexico border

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

The news stations are all running stories about the condition of the Texas power grid.

I hope you don't have lines at the gas stations again and stations running out!  Texas has got to be better prepared this time, correct?

2 hours ago, Gump said:

That’s a job I want. Avalanche bomber😁

My GF got to ride along once. You take the tram to the top of the mountain with your bombs, then ski down and start lighting and tossing them.

We here them most mornings at her place. They've been bombing the town hill today. It's pretty loud. 

24 minutes ago, dinneR said:

My GF got to ride along once. You take the tram to the top of the mountain with your bombs, then ski down and start lighting and tossing them.

We here them most mornings at her place. They've been bombing the town hill today. It's pretty loud. 

I had no idea that this was a thing.

• Heart 1