Good Vibes requested Re Fuck Cancer... again

goldendesign

You most definitely have my prayers and all the good thoughts and vibes. I am glad you have confidence in your doctor's skills and that he is being so attentive, but still hoping for some good fortune as well.

Wow, lots of vibes headed your way!  Good thing you are a tough dude!

I talked with my mother yesterday and is in her 11th year of remission from an obscure form of leukemia, they gave her a 4% chance to live the year out at the time, based on the stats.  Being a little hard-headed is definitely helpful.  Fuck cancer and fuck the stats!

• Hugs 1

24 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

they gave her a 4% chance to live the year out at the time, based on the stats.  Being a little hard-headed is definitely helpful.  Fuck cancer and fuck the stats!

Yeah, I'm finding it a bit more difficult this time around to start off with that mentality. I'm at heart a data researcher and pulling this information up, checking the studies, and evaluating their math all leads me to the "odds". 

I know we don't even know if there is a new tumor, we know the other for-real-tumors have had very slow growth and are not even a concern for quite a while, so this could all be nothing. 

Until I know more, this is all I can focus on. I looked at the numbers, I've done the research before. Looking at it again won't help. This does solidify my mentality though, I was going to start a video journal for my daughter for future birthdays and holidays. kept putting it off. If I actually want her to have one, I gotta start recording myself. 

• Hugs 3

1 hour ago, goldendesign said:

. This does solidify my mentality though, I was going to start a video journal for my daughter for future birthdays and holidays. kept putting it off. If I actually want her to have one, I gotta start recording myself. 

That's a wonderful idea even if all the news is very, very good.  One of my uncles self-published a memoir of stories from his life and another uncle recorded a number of tapes talking about his childhood and family.  He was an English professor at a California University and a great storyteller.  It was wonderful for the  family to enjoy these remembrances when they were both around to talk about the stories and laugh at the memories and they are such special treasures to their  kids. 

• Thank You 1