Weekend plans this first weekend in December

petitepedal

12 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Tell us about the motor home. 

It has a new catalytic converter. It’s a Class C, perfect for a long-time married couple, recently retired and looking for adventure. Out on the highway. Keeping their motors running and whatever comes their way. Born to be Wild if you will. That’s all I know. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

I may go into the crawl space for decorations, I may not. I’m not a big holiday person and I can’t wait for January 2. We’re closer to Spring, a more reasonable season than winter. Slow cooking a brisket with onions, carrots, celery, and parsnips. Served over mashed potatoes. That’s all folks. 

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

It has a new catalytic converter. It’s a Class C, perfect for a long-time married couple, recently retired and looking for adventure. Out on the highway. Keeping their motors running and whatever comes their way. Born to be Wild if you will. That’s all I know. 

That's it in a nut shell. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Posole Ole fun walk on Saturday morning. Second Son got knocked out of 2nd place fundraiser by $140. Today’s the deadline. All y’all can give him a boost back into 2nd? 
We are still undecided about cutting a fresh Christmas tree or buying one from the lot this weekend. Either way, we’ll be decorating for the season. 
I’m trying a new to me church for Advent. Probably bake some cookies, too. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Still doing reno's on the bathroom.  Hope to get the shower pan installed and the end shower wall framing started.  

I feel. Our main bathroom is finished except for the shower door. The en suite is mid-shower pan and tile. Contractors started in mid-September. 

• Heart 2

WOChrisL is starting to decorate and I believe outside lights are going up this weekend.   All visitors are gone, recovered from my latest concussion and although fighting a case of the crud I think I can finally get a ride in.  Feels like it’s been months since my last ride but probably closer to 3 weeks.

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Contractors started in mid-September. 

No contractors until I am ready for wall tiles for me.  I was stupid enough to tackle the rough-in by myself.  The tiles for the wall are too big - 70" x  36" - (and expensive) for me to work with so I will hire a pro for the finish work.  I did one bathroom last year and this one this year, but it won't be done before Christmas

20 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Christmas preparation season begins when I get paid on the 15th. Pretty much nothing going on this weekend.  The normal Sunday activities with my mom.
Hope to watch a movie or two with BuffCarla this weekend. Maybe Inglorious Bastards. 
Movie suggestions are welcome. 

My wife invited her cousin Alfred over tomorrow. I have to make Turkey carcass soup in the new crockpot. We plan to watch the old Star Trek movie where they go to San Francisco. 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:30 AM, BuffJim said:

Christmas preparation season begins when I get paid on the 15th. Pretty much nothing going on this weekend.  The normal Sunday activities with my mom.
Hope to watch a movie or two with BuffCarla this weekend. Maybe Inglorious Bastards. 
Movie suggestions are welcome. 

We watched Road House with Patrick Swayze. Good movie. More about fighting than drinking.