Happy Saturday

Airehead

Costco run was successful though they didn't have the immersion blender I want at the location. Still under $200. I think that I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't graze their sample tables. GTFOMW lady! The family that speeds up to get in front of you to take their lazy-ass time getting to the registers. We still got to the exit ahead of them though. I always thank the workers by name if I can. It's a hard job and they're mostly unappreciated. When they go home I hope they remember me and not the scowling eejits.

I planted six mums in the garden. The grocery store near me was selling eight-inch pots, marked them down to $3.49, then marked them free when the blooms started dying off. I'll take free.

I have the brisket at 3 1/2 hours right now. Potatoes are on the stove with two cloves of garlic and some unicorn salt the neighbors gave me. Plan is to slice the brisket, add it back to the cooking sauce and add some carrots and a parsnip (yes I bought one this morning) and cook until the vegetables are tender. Potatoes will be mashed with butter and milk.

That is my Saturday.

• Heart 2

Cool and rainy. I got wipers for the pickup. A couple replacement lights for the tree I put up. Couldn’t find the bad bulb so I put up a string. Looks fine. Made tuna patties for lunch. Fiddled with the garbage disposal. We need a new one. That will be for another day. 
More coughing last night from sinus drainage so I didn’t sleep well. Couch time watching college football. Big 12 game was fun! SEC not so much. See if B1G is any better, soon. 

• Heart 1

Got to use my snowblower this morning, did my driveway, the neighbors, the sidewalk, did the end of the driveway for Ray across the road while he was shoveling and about 1/2 of the elderly couples driveway before the batteries died.  Then worked on the bathroom reno for the rest of the day.  Made a crusted Ling cod and herb roasted potatoes and green beans for supper with a nice gewurztraminer and now just relaxing for the evening

• Heart 2

51 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Got to use my snowblower this morning, did my driveway, the neighbors, the sidewalk, did the end of the driveway for Ray across the road while he was shoveling and about 1/2 of the elderly couples driveway before the batteries died.  Then worked on the bathroom reno for the rest of the day.  Made a crusted Ling cod and herb roasted potatoes and green beans for supper with a nice gewurztraminer and now just relaxing for the evening

I also have an electric snowblower but it is a corded model. It's exciting to run over the extension cord! Fortunately it has a ground fault interrupter built in. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Zephyr said:

You are giving the rest of us more leisurely husbands a bad name!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

I was planning on leaving Carnegie in time to drive home and start a fire in the furnace and then drive to Poland to watch my granddaughter in her school play. I was running a little bit late but thought I had time to make it. Then I found my car wouldn’t start, dead battery. I called Judie and had her come down and jump me. I headed home but by the time I got to Mercer I realized I didn’t have time to go home and build a fire. I turned and went west on I-80 over to my son’s house. I got there in time to ride over to the school with him.

She did wonderful in the play. When I got back to my son’s house my car again wouldn’t start. If I can get it started today I’m going to go buy a battery.

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

I planted six mums in the garden. The grocery store near me was selling eight-inch pots, marked them down to $3.49, then marked them free when the blooms started dying off. I'll take free.

Wow! For sure, get while the getting  is good. 

Saturday was nice. Posole Ole fun walk in the morning, then I shopped for a cheap set of shelves to house my plants in the front window, then we curled up to watch holiday rom coms. 

• Heart 1