New ornaments

Airehead

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

5AC684FF-D062-4E24-9CF7-DB45FBDF2891.jpeg

I miss @Soylent :D

But my wife and I were having the discussion about putting up fewer ornaments this year as we went 7' instead of 8' this season.  Easier to put up the lights, but less real estate for our large ornament collection. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I miss @Soylent :D

But my wife and I were having the discussion about putting up fewer ornaments this year as we went 7' instead of 8' this season.  Easier to put up the lights, but less real estate for our large ornament collection. 

Just rows them a bit. 

29 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Here are two northern light ornaments that I found. 

EA214E97-B5F1-416F-B9DB-2D527B216A39.webp

Your tree is filled with many different ornaments, which we probably haven't seen all of them. Sure some were gifts, but maybe you buy this stuff on your travels?  That's what I've done...I just haven't put up my tree... instead of hauling home an expensive heavy/bulky memento from overseas I've bought and hung on tree in past which include:

• Lobster trap (Cape Cod)
  • little red wooden shoes (Netherlands)
  • Venetian glass icicle (gift from dear sister no longer alive)
  • Corn husk angel (New Mexico) and yes, chili pepper

When we were in Germany, I tried to find something but I wasn't willing to pay money for real glass blown ornament. What was cute were the real cuckoo clocks.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

my wife and I were having the discussion about putting up fewer ornaments this year as we went 7' instead of 8' this season.  Easier to put up the lights, but less real estate for our large ornament collection. 

We have 2 artificial trees that are 10 foot tall.    We put the top half of the tree in the stand.   Then we put the lights on the tree, and then the ornaments.   Then I lift the tree out of the stand.   WoBG gets to hold the top of the tree (base of the tree is in the floor), while I install the bottom 1/2 of the tree in the stand.  Once that is done, then I get the opportunity to lift the top of the tree and install that on the lower half.  I haven't dropped it yet. 

The 12 foot tree... is prelit and comes in 4 sections.  No ornaments (so far) have been used on that tree.   I use the stairway and install sections at various locations on the stairs. 

641101412_tree5.thumb.jpg.6bd57551b8013b4cb42dcce9bc6d43b1.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Yes, we buy blown glass food ornaments when we travel. Sometimes you can, sometimes you don’t see them. A glass wine bottle, a beer stein, a crab, etc…

we got a cannoli in Florence I think. 

I'm certain you have decorations from your children and grandchildren that they've made.  I have some baked, painted ones from niece or was it nephew. Oh yes, I have a tiny plastic beer stein with German name/logo.

• Heart 1