How often do you use the word…

MoseySusan

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

The Allen part or the Apple part?

The Apple part… catawampus and cattywampus are used interchangeably. I’d think Apple would be on it. Maybe they had to drop a few words to make space in their list for gaslighting…

• Sad 1

Callywampus 

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Catawampus is part of my vocabulary; but apparently not Apple’s since it is underlined in red and “no replacements found.”

The definition of cattywampus, often spelled catawampus, is not lined up or not arranged correctly, or diagonally.
An example of something cattywampus are the positions of the items on the top of a coffee table after a two year old has been playing with them and moving them around.
  • Heart 3

34 minutes ago, Allen said:

Cotton 

Druthers 

Unction 

All of the above are basically synonyms in Southern vernacular: want; desire; preference.

I don’t really cotton pumpkin pie, my druthers is sweet potato, but I have the unction for pecan (pronounced: PEA-can).

I’ve used druthers. It’s a useful portmanteau of I’d rather with a slight Southern drawl for local color. 

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Callywampus 

The definition of cattywampus, often spelled catawampus, is not lined up or not arranged correctly, or diagonally.
An example of something cattywampus are the positions of the items on the top of a coffee table after a two year old has been playing with them and moving them around.

Almost every day.  But I say cattywampus.  True story I almost named my pontoon boat cattywampus.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1