Gas for $2.73.

MoseySusan

Sam’s was at $3.58. My time was worth more than waiting in that line. Seeing $3.99 in a few places. If I get diverted to Casa Grande, it’s usually much lower, but only to the point I fill up if I’m going there. A trip there just for gas eats up the savings. 

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Last week I got gas at the price but it took a $0.60 per gallon set of bonus points from my LGS card to do it. 

Yesterday I pad $2.50 per gallon, after a $1.00 per gallon discount from our LGS.   That is the most the discount can be for a visit.  We still have $0.80 per gallon remaining to use before the end of the month.

When we lived about 3 miles from the LGS gas station, we would try to fill up all 3 of our cars and our gas cans at the same time.   There is a 35 gallon limit for the discount.   We never exceeded that limit. 

• Heart 2

Gas in Mercer was $4.09 a gallon the last time I bought gas. I didn’t buy it there. I waited until I was going from my son’s house to Judie’s and found it for $3.03 a gallon. That’s $1.06 a gallon difference and wasn’t using grocery store points or anything. I think I could live in Ohio.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, groupw said:

Sam’s was at $3.58. My time was worth more than waiting in that line. Seeing $3.99 in a few places. If I get diverted to Casa Grande, it’s usually much lower, but only to the point I fill up if I’m going there. A trip there just for gas eats up the savings. 

My wife says $3.29 a gallon here at Costco.  

7 hours ago, BuffJim said:

4.50 is my pain point. $3.64 isn’t too noticeable on my wallet, but other than politics, there is no reason for it to be over $2.50. 

Nothing to do with a war then or high demand caused by excessively large vehicles.

Notice:  If you are driving a vehicle getting less than 25 mph around town in general conditions then you have traded your convenience for a higher demand and price of gasoline.  Time to stop rationalizing that it's someone else's fault.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I'm waiting for $1.79 again

I'm waiting for $0.79 again!  Man was that nice!

19 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Do y'all have to pay first? I do. It sucks. Then I need to go back in to get my $1.15 in change:angry:

???  Pay at the pump 100% of the time.  Even in Jersey where they pump it for you.

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

I pay cash

:frantics:

Jersey is one of those places with a "cash" and a "credit" price.  Drives me bonkers!  Either I'm hitting an exact number $20 or $40 or I'm walking around with small bills and change.  

I get the "reward" of cash back on gas purchases, so use my CC.  

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

When I buy gas at BJ's, I use my BJ's credit card and get an immediate reduction of 10 cents per gallon.  So last week, the sign said 3.15, but after inserting my card, the price dropped to 3.05.  In addition, I also get rewards for all purchases on that card.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

When I buy gas at BJ's, I use my BJ's credit card and get an immediate reduction of 10 cents per gallon.  So last week, the sign said 3.15, but after inserting my card, the price dropped to 3.05.  In addition, I also get rewards for all purchases on that card.  

I'm actually not sure how Costco works when I buy there.  Is it treated as a "gas" purchase or a "warehouse" purchase to my CC company (not a Costco CC)? Probably "gas", but definitely not sure.  

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

:frantics:

Jersey is one of those places with a "cash" and a "credit" price.  Drives me bonkers!  Either I'm hitting an exact number $20 or $40 or I'm walking around with small bills and change.  

change goes in my car, bills in the wallet.

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

change goes in my car, bills in the wallet.

Once the change goes IN the car, does it ever come OUT of the car???  For me, that was always the issue - change was a one way stream, and eventually, I had a collection of coins I never used.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Once the change goes IN the car, does it ever come OUT of the car???  For me, that was always the issue - change was a one way stream, and eventually, I had a collection of coins I never used.

I use it for the occasional drive thru transaction. If not, then I have a large plastic coke bottle in my house :)