Are all cops corrupt?

Square Wheels

I just watched Serpico.  In the 70's, they took money directly, probably still do now.  Today they create difficult to maneuver traffic situations, then give you tickets.  You want to fight it?  $40 to talk to the clerk magistrate who will undoubtedly tell you no.  You want to talk to a judge?  That's your right too, well for $65 dollars it is.  Then when the cop shows it, he / she is on freakin overtime!

I am so tired of people digging their filthy hands in my pockets.  I worked hard to get where I am and I am tired of how much I pay and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.  I pay an insane amount of taxes, more than a lot of people make in a year, then there is property tax, sales tax, gas tax, excises tax and the list goes on.  Add in my alimony and child support and I'm nearly homeless.  M ef'ers, keep out of my pockets.

Thank you for listening, I feel better.

I just watched Serpico.  In the 70's, they took money directly, probably still do now.  Today they create difficult to maneuver traffic situations, then give you tickets.  You want to fight it?  $40 to talk to the clerk magistrate who will undoubtedly tell you no.  You want to talk to a judge?  That's your right too, well for $65 dollars it is.  Then when the cop shows it, he / she is on freakin overtime!

I am so tired of people digging their filthy hands in my pockets.  I worked hard to get where I am and I am tired of how much I pay and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.  I pay an insane amount of taxes, more than a lot of people make in a year, then there is property tax, sales tax, gas tax, excises tax and the list goes on.  Add in my alimony and child support and I'm nearly homeless.  M ef'ers, keep out of my pockets.

And yet just the other day you  were posting about how great life was……..

Nope..., no more or less than any other profession.

For the record, Cops don't set up "traffic situations" (i.e. speed traps etc.), the morons you vote into office do.  The cops merely enforce the laws by giving you a ticket for breaking said law.  You don't want a ticket, don't break the law. And vote in someone to get rid of the stupid "traffic situations".

AND you do know cops don't have anything to do with setting taxes, right? 

My uncle isn't corrupt.  

However, if he ever pulled you over.... you better take off your sunglasses, turn down the music and be polite.  They called him the traffic Nazi in his town.  If you were nice, he might have let you go with a warning.  If you mouthed off, he would write you up for everything he could.

then there is property tax, sales tax, gas tax, excises tax  

You forgot the carpet tacks and thumb tacks. ;)

Seriously, I know how you feel.  My company expressed their appreciation for the way I conducted their business this year, and taxes absorbed very nearly half. :angry:   I too, grow weary of working hard, having my wages taken from me, and then knowing they are redistributed as someone else sees fit.

You and our Oregon sweetie pie are complaining a lot recently, I have noticed.  Not that that is necessarily bad, your soft-rant seems entirely within the bounds of reason.

Can I have some money?

• Heart 1

Most cops are nice to me.  I am white, well groomed, smell nice, and put my hands where the officers can see them (so's not to get shot - take a lesson).  I know many that are bastards.  I put the ratio of good cops to bad cops at about 75/25.  I have a different decent cop to asshole cop ratio, though, that is at about 50/50.  That kind of job can turn you into an asshole is you are susceptible to assholism, if you let it.  

I would be a good cops with random bouts of assholism, relapsing occasionally.  I am a realist.

I am so tired of people digging their filthy hands in my pockets. I worked hard to get where I am and I am tired of how much I pay and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. I pay an insane amount of taxes, more than a lot of people make in a year, then there is property tax, sales tax, gas tax, excises tax and the list goes on. Add in my alimony and child support and I'm nearly homeless. M ef'ers, keep out of my pockets.

In a democratic government, there are ways for the public to participate and speak out about decisions affecting them. If you aren't happy about your taxes, get involved. Talk with your elected representatives. Make a presentation or a comment at a city council meeting when budget items are up for discussion. Write a letter to the editor. Consider running for public office in the future.