How do you pronounce that phyllo dough, and can you make pot pie with it?

Randomguy

1 hour ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

I pronounce it “Fie-low”. You could use it for pot pie but I think a traditional crust is status quo. Pot pie only has the top crust, no bottom correct? I’ve never made a pot pie. I made a beef and Guinness pie but that had a top and bottom crust. 

I have never made a pot pie, either.  The gf was threatening making one yesterday and stopped and bought phyllo dough, but it was getting late to cook something by the time we would have to make it.  Abandoned, temporarily.

I like the sound of top and bottom crust, though, ain't no damn pie without top and bottom if you ask me, the non-expert.  I suppose pot pies could be different in that regard.  I like gravy filled things, though, so there is that.

I have pronounce it the same way as you, though.

• Heart 1

I pronounce it “Fie-low”. You could use it for pot pie but I think a traditional crust is status quo. Pot pie only has the top crust, no bottom correct? I’ve never made a pot pie. I made a beef and Guinness pie but that had a top and bottom crust. 

Some pot pies have a top and bottom crust. The commercial ones probably do it because adding more crust is cheap.

The one at Costco is really good - maybe I'll pick one up tomorrow.  It has a cross-hatched top crust and a bottom crust.  About 5.5 lbs.  Take home, put in oven for about 90 min. until 165F, and you've got an easy meal.

image.png.fd1da4570ae71abb2aef0b9367874440.pngimage.png.afd5e0a919ae885d506a92ee12f844fc.png

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Good pot pies have both top and bottom.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1