So how is everyone feeling today?

Kirby

1 minute ago, smudge said:

I'm still on edge about HoSmudge. He seems to be doing well, all things considered. Every little thing makes me nervous. I'm hoping he's doing better than I think. His labs were ok, the other day, but not REALLY good. Still walking on eggshells.

I feel fine. Got my new, updated, super duper, Pfizer Covid booster today. 

Thanks for asking. I hope you are well.

Is he home from the hospital?

5 minutes ago, smudge said:

Oh ya. Brought him home last Tuesday afternoon.  Wow, it's been that long? I think I'm gonna be on edge for a while. 🙈

It's probably so much better for him to be home where he can have some quiet and really rest, but there is something reassuring about having a medical team just down the hall.  But I'm sure good food and rest, and not being around people in the hospital with all sorts of contagious flus and things will be so helpful for him.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

I hurt my back Saturday feeding pumpkins to the sheep.  It has been extremely painful.  Ice packs and pain killers.  Only doing what is absolutely necessary. Tomorrow I have an eye dr appointment then getting the back checked in the afternoon.  Hope to feel good enough to go to our EAA chapter Christmas dinner in the evening. I'm tired of walking with 2 canes.  I can't run the dogs feeling like this. Feeding horses, sheep and dogs is all I have got done the last few days.

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 4

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

I hurt my back Saturday feeding pumpkins to the sheep.  It has been extremely painful.  Ice packs and pain killers.  Only doing what is absolutely necessary. Tomorrow I have an eye dr appointment then getting the back checked in the afternoon.  Hope to feel good enough to go to our EAA chapter Christmas dinner in the evening. I'm tired of walking with 2 canes.  I can't run the dogs feeling like this. Feeding horses, sheep and dogs is all I have got done the last few days.

Oh dear

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

I feel fine.

Your  question reminded me of this.   Yeah I'm a geek... 

My response was same as Spock, but I didn't need to see this clip. Tell mother I feel fine.  Dad replies with the classic Vulcan eyebrow lift. Favorite of the Star Trek movies.

• Heart 1

My congestion is much better. We had a couple inches of rain this weekend which is a lot in the desert! They had to close a couple streets through the Santa Rosa dry wash which is not dry at the moment. 
I was feeling very tired all day despite sleeping better last night. No drainage/coughing in the night.  I did a bike ride when I got home. My body seems happy I did that!

• Heart 4

20 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Oh, Kirby.
I had James Brown, but didn’t have a ski lodge with hideous sweaters. Where did you find that video?

Youtube search, and then I saw the sweaters.  I just know Cheese would have been in that lodge, but he'd have been bothered by the wild dancing.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

My prostate (I think) is acting up. Has been for 6 months but getting worse. Have an appointment with a Urologist on Wednesday. Hopefully can get some relief. Other than that, the chronic conditions are there, but keeping them to a dull roar. 

It's an easy read. Every man on this forum should read it. 

Eat your beets and greens. Enjoy a glass of red wine.

PROSTATE AND CANCER: A FAMILY GUIDE TO DIAGNOSIS, By Sheldon Marks **BRAND NEW** 9780738208398 ...

• Heart 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, smudge said:

I'm still on edge about HoSmudge. He seems to be doing well, all things considered. Every little thing makes me nervous. I'm hoping he's doing better than I think. His labs were ok, the other day, but not REALLY good. Still walking on eggshells.

I understand. The new normal includes thinking about his health. It has been a week. Each day will reduce your worry. 

• Hugs 2

6 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I know SW has had an epic struggle. Hoping mine isn’t a tough case. Not expecting it to be cancer, but will fight hard if it is. My Father in Law died of prostate cancer, but with one exception, refused all medical treatment. 

My dad had it twice and beat it both times. It is one of the most treatable forms of cancer. Read the book. It's Q&A format.  

Of course we all get the exam

• Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, dinneR said:

My dad had it twice and beat it both times. It is one of the most treatable forms of cancer. Read the book. It's Q&A format.  

Of course we all get the exam

I’m not saying SW had cancer, but bladder issues. My Father in Law could have survived, but too stubborn to deal with the medical community. 

Just now, BuffJim said:

I’m not saying SW had cancer, but bladder issues. My Father in Law could have survived, but too stubborn to deal with the medical community. 

My dad had prostate cancer. I think it is the most common form of cancer among men. 

Even if it is not cancer, prostate health is important and pretty easy. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

5 hours ago, smudge said:

Hang in there smudge.  :console:

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Glad you are seeing a doctor 

23 minutes ago, Kzoo said:
ma·laise
/məˈlāz/
noun
  1. a general feeling of discomfort, illness, or uneasiness whose exact cause is difficult to identify but most often associated with PRI.
    "a general air of malaise"

It was hard to put my finger on it, but I think you nailed it!