How's your morning coffee?

Kzoo

I have the machine at home set to brew at 6 am.  It brewed but then turned off early, so my at home cup was excellent but my to go mug has warm coffee in it.  Made another pot at the office and it is good, but not great, as I do not pay for Brandon's beans for the office.  I think this is Caribou Coffee morning blend?  

Nice mugs guys.  I just drink out of my Blackboxstocks mug.  Let me know if you want one.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

All three were good. I served the pour over coffee in the Kitchen Little mug and the espresso in the bicycle mug. Breakfast was the last two biscuits with country ham in a red eye gravy. 

32874D02-D10C-4821-B07F-20E1F61C1F6D.jpeg

I do not remember making that mug on the right, but it sure looks a lot like my work....  Actually, no it doesn't.  That is far better than anything I have ever created.  Look at that detail!!!!  Amazing! 

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I do not remember making that mug on the right, but it sure looks a lot like my work....  Actually, no it doesn't.  That is far better than anything I have ever created.  Look at that detail!!!!  Amazing! 

That mug ($20) was sold at the 2022 Rappahannock Rough Ride. Multiple routes on road or gravel. Scenic and almost no flat spots. Ride proceeds went to Fauquier Free Clinic. The mugs were hand painted by volunteers. 

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

That mug ($20) was sold at the 2022 Rappahannock Rough Ride. Multiple routes on road or gravel. Scenic and almost no flat spots. Ride proceeds went to Fauquier Free Clinic. The mugs were hand painted by volunteers. 

Looks like an e-bike to me.  Are those legal?

26 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

24 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Looks like an e-bike to me.  Are those legal?

I did not know you were allowed to charge for mug!!!!  Someone owes me $20

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Mine is pretty good, freshly ground coffee or, as the urge strikes me, some ground French Vanilla or Hazelnut flavored "Victor Allen" coffee.

I have a Mr. Coffee burr grinder where you can set the number of tablespoons to grind.  I grind 6 tbsp for 25 oz. of drip coffee.

I usually have one of the cheaper 2 - 3 lb bags of beans from Costco that used to cost around $12.99.  The last bag I bought, some Peruvian blend, cost $17.99 and, after I looked at my receipt I saw there was an $8 instant coupon that brought it down to $17.99!  I don't know what the next one will cost.

The best coffee I like is Peet's Arabian Mocha Java Blend, but only get it about once a year because it's around $20 for a pound.

22 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Mine is pretty good, freshly ground coffee or, as the urge strikes me, some ground French Vanilla or Hazelnut flavored "Victor Allen" coffee.

I have a Mr. Coffee burr grinder where you can set the number of tablespoons to grind.  I grind 6 tbsp for 25 oz. of drip coffee.

I usually have one of the cheaper 2 - 3 lb bags of beans from Costco that used to cost around $12.99.  The last bag I bought, some Peruvian blend, cost $17.99 and, after I looked at my receipt I saw there was an $8 instant coupon that brought it down to $17.99!  I don't know what the next one will cost.

The best coffee I like is Peet's Arabian Mocha Java Blend, but only get it about once a year because it's around $20 for a pound.

I pay 17.50 per lb for the beans I buy.  Works out to about $0.55 per cup if you assume 2 tbsp of beans per cup and 32 8 oz cups per lb.  It is worth that extra $.50 or so per day to me to have really good coffee.  I seldom pay for coffee from any coffee shop, so to me, it is a good expense.

• Heart 2

Late game last night (a win!), I did not get up in time to hit the pool, it was raining so no bike, so it was a drive to work day.  My wife made coffee before I got up.  ! cup, I assume she enjoyed it.  So I stopped at WaWa on the way in for a large Cuban dark roast.  Ran into a kid who grew up in our neighborhood, haven't seen him in years, He can talk your ear off, I finally had to stop him as I was already due at work and hadn't even filled my cup yet.

Oh, the coffee.  It was yummy

• Heart 3

22 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

I’m considering buying a pound of coffee for $82. Jamaican Blue Mountain reliably sourced from a single grower. Would you splurge for the holidays? 

For that price point, I’d splurge on The Macallan 12 or the Glenlivet Nadurra 16...

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

I’m considering buying a pound of coffee for $82. Jamaican Blue Mountain reliably sourced from a single grower. Would you splurge for the holidays? 

I doubt I have a developed enough sense of taste to appreciate the difference.  But if I did, or if someone I loved did, and they'd really appreciate it, it's  about the cost of a nice dinner out for two and if they'd appreciate this more, that's fine.

But I recall when someone gave me a much more expensive bottle of wine than I'd typically ever buy myself.  I brought it to my family's house to share with them and my Mom was all "don't waste it on me, I won't know the difference".  That's how I'd be with coffee.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Yes, if it did not require me to forgo a bill or something.