A couple of things

Parr8hed

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Leftover bacon?  Who are you?  

I knew this question was coming.  That is why I qualified the "leftover bacon" with the soup I made the other day.  It was all crumbly to put on the top of the soup to be a little extra bacony.  

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I knew this question was coming.  That is why I qualified the "leftover bacon" with the soup I made the other day.  It was all crumbly to put on the top of the soup to be a little extra bacony.  

Excuses are for the weak...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I made some burgers last night.  They were good, not life changing, but good. 

I made enough to bring in lunch today.  I was kinda "meh" about lunch.  I went back to the brake room to heat up my burger and had forgotten that I put some left over bacon in my lunch bag.  Leftover from the soup I made the other night.  I was suddenly much happier about my lunch.  It was good!  

Also, the 3/4" hose bib "Y" that I got from the home depot along with the other pieces worked like a charm at my patient's house.  He did his first home dialysis treatment at his house yesterday.

Yesterday I ate burger 6 of a pack of eight 1/4 pound frozen turkey burgers, "Nature's Intent Better Turkey Burger."  I bought them a couple months ago and eat one when I forget they're pretty blah tasting.  I don't think Costco carries them anymore.  I'm going to break up and mix the last two into something like mac and cheese.

Costco's packs of frozen, pre-formed beef burgers are 1/3 lb burgers now.  As if we haven't become conditioned to being gluttonous enough to consider 1/4 burgers the standard now!  I was a teenager working a fast-food grill when 1/4 pounders were introduced in the 60's and even we teenagers wondered who would be gluttonous to order one regularly.  Even Big Macs, Gino Giants and other double 1/8 lb burgers were rarely ordered back then and the small fries and drink now are larger than the large ones then.

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, Airehead said:

At home dialysis must be life. Hanging to your patients. Hmm, or do they miss socializing with the other patients?

I have had some little old ladies that actually enjoyed coming in to incenter treatments because of the social aspect.  

• Heart 1